New York sources have reported that Manisha Singh, a lawyer and Congressional staffer, has won Senate approval to be the Assistant Secretary of State in charge of economic and business affairs, making her the second senior official of Indian descent in US diplomacy. Meanwhile the Senate voted unanimously for her appointment on Thursday during the same session that approved Kenneth Juster’s posting as Ambassador to India.
According to sources Singh will join Nikki Haley, the permanent UN representative, at the State Department. Haley has cabinet rank in President Donald Trump’s administration. Currently Singh has an important portfolio within the State Department given Trump’s approach to diplomacy as tools of trade and business development.
Meanwhile during that stint she handled intellectual
property issues, relations with the World Trade Organization, and trade and her
political career began as a staffer on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Before
that she was a lawyer, she was in the international law practice of a law firm.
Florida fire shooting kills 17 students Atlanta sources have reported that an Indian American student is among those injured in a shooting in a Florida school where at least 17 students and teachers were killed as a heavily-armed 19 year old went on a shooting spree outside and inside his former high school. The shooter was arrested an hour later.
- 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?
- Richest Man in History is Amazon CEO
- . Despite freezing cold weather 8000 devotees and visitors thronged the Hindu Temple of Atlanta