According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
George Hogeman, Consul General, US Embassy, told reporters, citing the numbers in the ’2017 Open Doors report on International Educational Exchange’ that "The number of Indian students in the US has doubled over the last 10 years and India is the second leading place of origin for students coming to the US. The majority of Indian students in the US are studying at the (post) graduate level".
Furthermore the other
countries which ranked as top senders to the US after China and India were
South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico and Brazil
and the top five US states hosting international students cited in the report
were California, New York, Texas, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks According to sources it is now clear that Nirav Modi has changed his status in the Indian documents from resident Indian to Non Resident Indian (NRI). Meanwhile this happened sometime last year. It is not known whether Indian banks, especially the Punjab National Bank, were aware of their borrower's status shifting to a NRI. All along, Modi was classified as Indian promoter of his borrowing companies that were issued the letter of undertakings (LoU).
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?