Washington sources have reported that according to an announcement made by US Attorney General Jeff Sessions and other law enforcement officials Devendra Patel, 58, had prescribed opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and oxycodone without legitimate medical cause on a routine basis from May 2014 to September 2017.
Meanwhile as per the indictment, the physician fraudulently billed Medicaid and Medicare for medical tests he did not perform. Further Patel was also accused of presenting patients with fraudulent X-rays to convince them they had heart conditions and coax them into seeking treatment from him.
The US media reported that he appeared in a
federal court in Reno city of Nevada on Wednesday and pleaded not guilty.
Meanwhile Acting US Attorney Steven Myhre said “Dr Patel is the first person to
be charged in Nevada since the formation of the Justice Department’s Opioid
Fraud and Abuse Detection Unit".
H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way Atlanta sources reported that Under Trump’s administration, USCIS is planning to reverse the 2015 final rule that granted eligibility and work permits for spouses of high skilled (H1-B visa) workers. The ban is likely to push 100,000 people out of jobs and negatively affect the visa holders, their families and their employers.
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs
- ABC Studios apologies for showing Indian nationalists as terrorists
- Ramzan special Iftar Dinner hosted by Donald Trump