New Delhi sources have made a statement that Vijay Gokhale, who as envoy in Beijing played a crucial role in the resolution of the Doklam stand-off with China, was on Monday named the new Foreign Secretary to replace S. Jaishankar who retires this month.
Meanwhile an official statement read currently the appointment of Gokhale, Secretary (Economic Relations), was cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. Furthermore the 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service officer is widely believed to have played a crucial role as then Indian ambassador to China when he led the negotiations to resolve the over 70 day Doklam crisis.
According to sources Gokhale has served Indian
embassies in Germany and Malaysia and missions in Hong Kong, Hanoi and New York
and moreover he will take over from Jaishankar who was appointed Foreign
Secretary on January 29, 2015, for two years and given a one year extension in
January last year. Jaishankar retires on January 28.
CEO of Msys Technologies honored as Market Entrepreneur Award Atlanta sources reported that Entrepreneur and CEO of MSys Technologies Sanjay Sehgal has been honored as the top among the six shortlisted honorees for Upper Market Entrepreneur Awards at the TiE Atlanta Top Entrepreneur Awards 2018 held at the Avalon Conference Center in Alpharetta, GA on September 28, 2018. Accordingly the awards recognize the enthusiasm and innovation of entrepreneurs
- Depreciation puts rupees in NRIs hands, making properties cheaper
- Georgia based orthodontist, appointed by Governor Nathan Deal to Georgia Board of Dentistry
- Navin Gurnaney assumes as CEO of Tata Starbucks in Atlanta
- Google CEO agrees to testify before House Judiciary Committee
- IMFs First Female Chief Economist appointed
- Village Rockstars selected as official entry to India for 91st Academy Awards
- 3 Women leaders among 115 people selected as FB Global Community Leaders
- Indian professor honored with Outstanding Investigator Award
- Indian origin Doctor pleaded guilty to fraud in healthcare
- Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas