New Delhi sources have made a statement that Vijay Gokhale, who as envoy in Beijing played a crucial role in the resolution of the Doklam stand-off with China, was on Monday named the new Foreign Secretary to replace S. Jaishankar who retires this month.
Meanwhile an official statement read currently the appointment of Gokhale, Secretary (Economic Relations), was cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. Furthermore the 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service officer is widely believed to have played a crucial role as then Indian ambassador to China when he led the negotiations to resolve the over 70 day Doklam crisis.
According to sources Gokhale has served Indian
embassies in Germany and Malaysia and missions in Hong Kong, Hanoi and New York
and moreover he will take over from Jaishankar who was appointed Foreign
Secretary on January 29, 2015, for two years and given a one year extension in
January last year. Jaishankar retires on January 28.
Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort Atlanta sources reported that wealthy Indian American tech executive who brutally beat and assaulted an escort was sentenced to seven years in prison. Meanwhile according to media reports the woman, wearing all white, said she has “been living every day in fear” since Sanjay Tripathy, 48, attacked her after they met on a sugar daddy website in June 2016.
- A Sikh gets permit to wear his Turban in American UFC
- H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs