New Delhi sources have made a statement that Vijay Gokhale, who as envoy in Beijing played a crucial role in the resolution of the Doklam stand-off with China, was on Monday named the new Foreign Secretary to replace S. Jaishankar who retires this month.
Meanwhile an official statement read currently the appointment of Gokhale, Secretary (Economic Relations), was cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet. Furthermore the 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service officer is widely believed to have played a crucial role as then Indian ambassador to China when he led the negotiations to resolve the over 70 day Doklam crisis.
According to sources Gokhale has served Indian
embassies in Germany and Malaysia and missions in Hong Kong, Hanoi and New York
and moreover he will take over from Jaishankar who was appointed Foreign
Secretary on January 29, 2015, for two years and given a one year extension in
January last year. Jaishankar retires on January 28.
Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star Pakistan sources stated that Pakistani actress cum model and singer Meesha Shafi has accused fellow Pakistani artiste Ali Zafar of sexual harassment. Meesha said "She has been subjected to sexual harassment of a physical nature at the hands of a colleague from her industry: Ali Zafar. These incidences did not happen when she was young or just entering the industry".
- Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC
- BanyanWay organizes Hello! events in Metro Atlanta for Indian singles
- USCIS reached Congressional mandated H-1B Visa Cap
- April 20 is opening of Free Primary Diagnostic Medical Clinic at Atlanta
- Why Harward University admission filed sued by Asian American?
- US Officials to discuss trilateral talks with India and China
- Oscar nominated filmmaker interested to watch Indian Movies
- Will Aruna Miller fight against the Gun violence as promised?
- Indian origin astronaut lends her helping hand in developing spacecraft
- Thousands of teenagers, teachers march, for US Congress to pass tighter gun-control laws
- A Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson
- Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?