According to sources as the Supreme Court had stayed criminal action by Telangana and Maharashtra authorities against Priya Prakash Varrier and restrained other states from taking action based on song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi”, the Malayalam actress and film director Omar Lulu expressed happiness.
Meanwhile after staying the criminal action on an FIR and complaints in both the states, a bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra, Justice A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud said that action could not be initiated in other states as well. Further Priya’s lawyer Harris Beeran told the court that there has been no case filed against her in Kerala though. Priya shot to fame following her “wink song” from the film “Oru Adaar Love”.
Meanwhile when speaking to the
media at her home town Thrissur, Varrier said she had heard about the court
ruling. Varrier said “She is yet to get a copy of the court order, but her
counsel has said that everything has been sorted out. It’s very positive for their
film and when she heard about the case in the Supreme Court, she felt worried,
but now we are all happy and waiting for the film’s shooting”.
Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff Washington sources added a former Indian American White House official has been recruited by Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal as her Chief of Staff. Meanwhile Gautam Raghavan used to be the White House liaison to the LGBTQ community as well as the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community during former President Barack Obama’s time.
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know
- 4 Indian American members of House of Representatives re-elected
- Indian origin man charged in US with H-1B visa & mail fraud