According to sources as the Supreme Court had stayed criminal action by Telangana and Maharashtra authorities against Priya Prakash Varrier and restrained other states from taking action based on song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi”, the Malayalam actress and film director Omar Lulu expressed happiness.
Meanwhile after staying the criminal action on an FIR and complaints in both the states, a bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra, Justice A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud said that action could not be initiated in other states as well. Further Priya’s lawyer Harris Beeran told the court that there has been no case filed against her in Kerala though. Priya shot to fame following her “wink song” from the film “Oru Adaar Love”.
Meanwhile when speaking to the
media at her home town Thrissur, Varrier said she had heard about the court
ruling. Varrier said “She is yet to get a copy of the court order, but her
counsel has said that everything has been sorted out. It’s very positive for their
film and when she heard about the case in the Supreme Court, she felt worried,
but now we are all happy and waiting for the film’s shooting”.
Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary Houston sources added that American has finished first in the Democratic primary in a congressional district in the US state of Texas, but will have to face a fellow party leader in the May 22 runoff to earn the right to take on the Republican candidate. Sri Preston Kulkarni, 39, received 9,466 votes (nearly 32%) while his fellow Democrat Letitia Plummer got 7,230 votes (24.3 per cent) in the Democratic primary in Texas' 22nd congressional district. There were five candidates in the race.
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?
- Rare signed Gandhi photo auctioned in US
- Indian nationals foreign investor group in Dubai real estate, bought properties worth 83.65 billion
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies catapulted
- Number of US citizens who want more gun control is growing
- US President imitated PM Narendra Modi on Harley Davidson tariff issue
- Muslim girl murdered after returning from US Mosque
- Group in Maharashtra Aurangabad filed complaints against Priya Varrier
- Bangladeshi diplomat accused for labor trafficking
- Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland