According to sources as the Supreme Court had stayed criminal action by Telangana and Maharashtra authorities against Priya Prakash Varrier and restrained other states from taking action based on song “Manikya Malaraya Poovi”, the Malayalam actress and film director Omar Lulu expressed happiness.
Meanwhile after staying the criminal action on an FIR and complaints in both the states, a bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra, Justice A.M. Khanwilkar and Justice D.Y. Chandrachud said that action could not be initiated in other states as well. Further Priya’s lawyer Harris Beeran told the court that there has been no case filed against her in Kerala though. Priya shot to fame following her “wink song” from the film “Oru Adaar Love”.
Meanwhile when speaking to the
media at her home town Thrissur, Varrier said she had heard about the court
ruling. Varrier said “She is yet to get a copy of the court order, but her
counsel has said that everything has been sorted out. It’s very positive for their
film and when she heard about the case in the Supreme Court, she felt worried,
but now we are all happy and waiting for the film’s shooting”.
Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents? Washington sources reported that US government has separated at least 2,000 children from parents at the Mexico border since implementing a policy that results in such family separations, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has confirmed. As per report from April 19 through May 31 of this year, 1,995 minors travelling with 1,940 adults who said they were the children’s guardians were separated due to the policy.
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs
- ABC Studios apologies for showing Indian nationalists as terrorists
- Ramzan special Iftar Dinner hosted by Donald Trump
- Is there any affair between Priyanka Chopra & American Singer?
- Indian children monopolized in Spelling Bee championship
- Indian American CEO of IT Company found guilty of bribing
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear in Georgia House of Representatives
- Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait
- Kavita, first Indian woman to reach the international level in WWE, is no ordinary sportswoman