New York sources stated that as per report top US diplomat for South Asia Alice Wells as well as Susan Thornton, the State Department’s official in-charge of the East Asia and Pacific affairs, will jointly lead Washington’s delegation to the India US Japan Trilateral Dialogue in New Delhi this week.
Meanwhile the State Department announced on Monday that Wells, who is the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asian Affairs, and Thornton, the Acting Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, will travel to India on Tuesday. Further the Trilateral Dialogue is scheduled to take place from Wednesday to Friday.
on Friday, Wells will also participate in the India-US Forum hosted by the
Ananta Centre and the External Affairs Ministry. Moreover under President
Donald Trump’s strategic policy for the Indo-Pacific region, Washington is
interested in developing close ties between India and Japan as well as
Australia as a counter weight to China. Previously the External Affairs
Minister Sushma Swaraj visited Japan to co-chair the ninth India-Japan
Strategic Dialogue with Japan’s Foreign Minister Taro Kono.
Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal Washington sources reported that Indian-American Congressman Pramila Jayapal has said Americans are recognizing that they don’t trust the US President who has maintained that he knew nothing about what was went on in his campaign. Meanwhile her comments came after Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges last week.
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant
- US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day