Washington sources stated that an Asian-American group is suing Harvard University, saying that admission files showed a pattern of discrimination against the community that goes back decades. Meanwhile the media reported that the group, Students for Fair Admissions, has demanded the varsity to publicly release admissions data on hundreds of thousands of applicants which challenges Harvard’s admissions policies.
Meanwhile the plaintiffs said in a letter to the court that the data was so compelling that there was no need for a trial, and that they would ask the judge to rule summarily in their favor based on the data alone. William S. Consovoy, the lawyer for the group, said in his letter to the court “This is an important and closely watched civil rights case”.
for Fair Admissions contend in their lawsuit that Harvard systematically and
unconstitutionally discriminates against Asian-American applicants by penalizing
their high achievement as a group, while giving preferences to other racial and
ethnic minorities and moreover they said that Harvard’s admission process
amounts to an illegal quota system.
Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police New York sources reported that man who was a suspect in the killing of an Indian student in Kansas City has been shot dead by police after he shot and wounded three officers on Sunday. Accordingly the man, who had been under surveillance in connection with the fatal shooting of Sharath Koppu on July 6 at a restaurant, was killed during an exchange of fire with police on Sunday.
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- A Sikh gets permit to wear his Turban in American UFC
- H1-B Visa negatively affects Visa Holders in a massive way
- India deserves to play significant role in Russia World Cup
- Kansas City student from Telangana shot dead
- Indian-American interviewed by US President for SC nomination
- Indian-American Raj Shah appointed by Donald Trump in appointment of SC Justice
- CEO for DNC, an Indian-American appointed
- Aruna Miller lost to multimillionaire David Trone in Democratic primary in States 6th District
- Nikki Haley visits India to advance relationship between two countries
- Nikki Haley slammed US President for forcing Citizens into deprivation
- Jury conviction murder with death of a student
- 52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects