Washington sources stated that an Asian-American group is suing Harvard University, saying that admission files showed a pattern of discrimination against the community that goes back decades. Meanwhile the media reported that the group, Students for Fair Admissions, has demanded the varsity to publicly release admissions data on hundreds of thousands of applicants which challenges Harvard’s admissions policies.
Meanwhile the plaintiffs said in a letter to the court that the data was so compelling that there was no need for a trial, and that they would ask the judge to rule summarily in their favor based on the data alone. William S. Consovoy, the lawyer for the group, said in his letter to the court “This is an important and closely watched civil rights case”.
for Fair Admissions contend in their lawsuit that Harvard systematically and
unconstitutionally discriminates against Asian-American applicants by penalizing
their high achievement as a group, while giving preferences to other racial and
ethnic minorities and moreover they said that Harvard’s admission process
amounts to an illegal quota system.
Mira animated mystery adventure series inspired by Indian culture Los Angeles sources stated that Mira, Royal Detective”, an animated mystery adventure series inspired by the culture and customs of India, is slated to debut on Disney Junior channel and programming blocks around the world in 2020. The production has already begun and it is set in the magical Indian inspired land of Jalpur, the series follows the brave and resourceful Mira, a commoner who is appointed
- Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory
- H1B Visa issue - All you need to know
- 4 Indian American members of House of Representatives re-elected