Washington sources stated that an Asian-American group is suing Harvard University, saying that admission files showed a pattern of discrimination against the community that goes back decades. Meanwhile the media reported that the group, Students for Fair Admissions, has demanded the varsity to publicly release admissions data on hundreds of thousands of applicants which challenges Harvard’s admissions policies.
Meanwhile the plaintiffs said in a letter to the court that the data was so compelling that there was no need for a trial, and that they would ask the judge to rule summarily in their favor based on the data alone. William S. Consovoy, the lawyer for the group, said in his letter to the court “This is an important and closely watched civil rights case”.
for Fair Admissions contend in their lawsuit that Harvard systematically and
unconstitutionally discriminates against Asian-American applicants by penalizing
their high achievement as a group, while giving preferences to other racial and
ethnic minorities and moreover they said that Harvard’s admission process
amounts to an illegal quota system.
Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC New York sources reported that a Sikh fighter will be wearing a turban as he competes on Vaisakhi in the American Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in a show of pride in his faith and tradition, according to the National Sikh Campaign (NSC). Accordingly Arjan Singh Bhullar is to face off against Adam Wieczorek on Saturday night at the Gila River Arena in Glendale in Arizona State.
- BanyanWay organizes Hello! events in Metro Atlanta for Indian singles
- USCIS reached Congressional mandated H-1B Visa Cap
- April 20 is opening of Free Primary Diagnostic Medical Clinic at Atlanta
- Why Harward University admission filed sued by Asian American?
- US Officials to discuss trilateral talks with India and China
- Oscar nominated filmmaker interested to watch Indian Movies
- Will Aruna Miller fight against the Gun violence as promised?
- Indian origin astronaut lends her helping hand in developing spacecraft
- Thousands of teenagers, teachers march, for US Congress to pass tighter gun-control laws
- A Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson
- Indian American holds First place in Democratic Primary
- Can NRI's invest in Mutual funds in India?
- Rare signed Gandhi photo auctioned in US