Atlanta sources stated that Aparna Basker, CEO and founder of BanyanWay say “First generation Indian immigrants in the US struggle to find the proper balance of involvement with their children’s lives around dating and marriage". Meanwhile this generation of parents is caught between the traditional methods of arranged marriages and the modern method of dating apps. Presently BanyanWay strives to bridge that gap and is an effort to help those of Indian origin finds a life partner.
Meanwhile Aparna is an Atlanta native for the past 18 years. Aparna observed the struggles that first generation Indian immigrants faced when trying to find a match for either themselves or their adult children and further it is open to all Indians irrespective of religion, native language and past marital status.
She added "They are currently in a pre-launch phase and they plans
for their app to be released later this year.” BanyanWay is already
actively working to help Indian parents and singles, however. Furthermore these
'Hello' events have drawn participants from several other states in addition to
people from the Atlanta area. Moreover the most recent events were held in
December 2017 and February 2018 and the next event is scheduled for April 2018.
India topped as highest recipient of remittances globally in 2017 with $69 billion Washington sources reported that as per a statement "Remittance inflows improved in all regions and the top remittance recipients were India with $69 billion, followed by China ($64 billion), the Philippines ($33 billion), Mexico ($31 billion), Nigeria ($22 billion), and Egypt ($20 billion)". Meanwhile the remittances to India rose sharply by 9.9% in 2017, reversing the previous year’s sharp decline.
- Brown University First year student wins Jeopardy College Championship
- Pakistan Starlet accused of sexual harassment with her co-star
- Sikh Fighter permitted to wear turban in American UFC
- BanyanWay organizes Hello! events in Metro Atlanta for Indian singles
- USCIS reached Congressional mandated H-1B Visa Cap
- April 20 is opening of Free Primary Diagnostic Medical Clinic at Atlanta
- Why Harward University admission filed sued by Asian American?
- US Officials to discuss trilateral talks with India and China
- Oscar nominated filmmaker interested to watch Indian Movies
- Will Aruna Miller fight against the Gun violence as promised?
- Indian origin astronaut lends her helping hand in developing spacecraft
- Thousands of teenagers, teachers march, for US Congress to pass tighter gun-control laws
- A Campaign to create awareness of Sikhism in US
- 19 year old Indian student won a 1,000 pound grant
- President Donald Trump dumped his top diplomat Rex Tillerson