New Delhi sources stated that the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) said the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has decided to revoke the passports of five NRIs against whom Look-out-Circulars (LoC) had been issued by Integrated Nodal Agency (INA). Meanwhile according to the WCD, the INA an inter-ministerial body dealing with matrimonial disputes headed by a Secretary, Rakesh Srivastava met External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj earlier this week and recommended that the passports of all those who have been issued LoCs be revoked.
Moreover the WCD Ministry says it has received 40 cases related to matrimonial disputes relating to NRIs, of which six found to be serious and LoC issued. Furthermore the government last month found five cases of matrimonial disputes fit for issuing LoCs and notice was thereafter sent to the concerned NRIs.
Moreover according to the ministry, in criminal matters involving NRIs,
the LoC can be issued by the investigating agency in cognizable offences when
the overseas husband is deliberately evading arrest or not appearing in the
trial court despite non-bailable warrants and other coercive measures, or there
is a likelihood that he will leave the country to evade trial or arrest and
recently the INA had recommended the revocation of passport to the MEA in
connection with the sixth LoC issued by it.
Kamala Harris showed her 15 years of her tax returns San Francisco sources stated that Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, has released 15 years of her tax returns, showing that she and her husband earned almost $1.9 million in 2018. Accordingly the returns released on Sunday showed most of the adjusted gross income of $1,884,319 in 2018 reported by Harris came from her husband Doug Emhoff’s
- Denial rates for H-1B petitions increased significantly
- Canada sets to make GTS open for Indians
- US Hotel Chain has no privacy in sharing guest lists
- US & India people to run to beat 7000 rare diseases
- Global Health Award for Harvard School Professor
- Indian Pilot Widow wife accused crash of Lion Air Flight due to Boeing
- Do you know top Idli ordering Cities outside India?
- Will NRIs cast their votes for this Lok Sabha Polls?
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument
- Will Kamala Harris fight for increasing salary hike for Teachers?
- Couple feels guilty of physically abusing
- Anil Ambani thanked Mukesh Ambani for settling Ericsson dues by Reliance
- 9 people of Indian nationality missing in New Zealand's ChristChurch shooting
- Indian students detention came up with Congressional Leaders
- Andhra Pradesh Physician died in Ethiopian Flight crash