New Delhi sources stated that the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) said the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has decided to revoke the passports of five NRIs against whom Look-out-Circulars (LoC) had been issued by Integrated Nodal Agency (INA). Meanwhile according to the WCD, the INA an inter-ministerial body dealing with matrimonial disputes headed by a Secretary, Rakesh Srivastava met External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj earlier this week and recommended that the passports of all those who have been issued LoCs be revoked.
Moreover the WCD Ministry says it has received 40 cases related to matrimonial disputes relating to NRIs, of which six found to be serious and LoC issued. Furthermore the government last month found five cases of matrimonial disputes fit for issuing LoCs and notice was thereafter sent to the concerned NRIs.
Moreover according to the ministry, in criminal matters involving NRIs,
the LoC can be issued by the investigating agency in cognizable offences when
the overseas husband is deliberately evading arrest or not appearing in the
trial court despite non-bailable warrants and other coercive measures, or there
is a likelihood that he will leave the country to evade trial or arrest and
recently the INA had recommended the revocation of passport to the MEA in
connection with the sixth LoC issued by it.
Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant Atlanta sources reported that an Indian origin restaurateur in Ashland, Kentucky, was the target of racist posts by a customer who referred to him and his family as “a tribe from India” and that he “probably just funded Al-Qaeda” by eating at his restaurant. Meanwhile Taj Sardar, the 32 year old owner of ‘The Kings Diner’ is Sikh and he told the Daily Independent he has encountered racism before in the form of rude customers suggesting that he go back to his country.
- US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day
- Fox network Executives aware of Apu Controversy
- Second violent attack of a Sikh Man in California
- US continues to be as welcoming to qualified Indian travelers
- Doctoral student charged for exploiting Minor
- NASA reviews flight data to space station with 9 Astronauts
- New Jersey Radio Host suspended for commenting about Sikh Attorney General
- Indian-American IT Professional developed SmartGaon
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- India-US 2+2 dialogue involves two sides in H1B Visa issue
- Gas Station Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman for Financial Gain
- External Affairs Minister confirms safety about Mobile Passport App
- Nisha Sejwal killed in mid air plane collision
- A Indian-American has acquired a own TV channel in NYC
- Meet the First Indian Woman to reach WWE in International Arena