New Delhi sources stated that the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) said the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has decided to revoke the passports of five NRIs against whom Look-out-Circulars (LoC) had been issued by Integrated Nodal Agency (INA). Meanwhile according to the WCD, the INA an inter-ministerial body dealing with matrimonial disputes headed by a Secretary, Rakesh Srivastava met External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj earlier this week and recommended that the passports of all those who have been issued LoCs be revoked.
Moreover the WCD Ministry says it has received 40 cases related to matrimonial disputes relating to NRIs, of which six found to be serious and LoC issued. Furthermore the government last month found five cases of matrimonial disputes fit for issuing LoCs and notice was thereafter sent to the concerned NRIs.
Moreover according to the ministry, in criminal matters involving NRIs,
the LoC can be issued by the investigating agency in cognizable offences when
the overseas husband is deliberately evading arrest or not appearing in the
trial court despite non-bailable warrants and other coercive measures, or there
is a likelihood that he will leave the country to evade trial or arrest and
recently the INA had recommended the revocation of passport to the MEA in
connection with the sixth LoC issued by it.
52 Indians detained under Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy Atlanta sources reported that the Asia Pacific American Network of Oregon said fifty-two Indians are among those held at a federal prison in Oregan under the Trump administration’s ”zero-tolerance” policy against illegal immigration. Meanwhile over the last month, 123 immigrants seeking asylum have been detained and transferred to Oregon’s Sheridan federal prison in Yamhill County.
- Why US Government separated 2000 Children from parents?
- Local residents received $1000 grant from Pollination Projects
- Sushma Swaraj revoked passports of NRIs
- ABC Studios apologies for showing Indian nationalists as terrorists
- Ramzan special Iftar Dinner hosted by Donald Trump
- Is there any affair between Priyanka Chopra & American Singer?
- Indian children monopolized in Spelling Bee championship
- Indian American CEO of IT Company found guilty of bribing
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear in Georgia House of Representatives
- Trump nominated Diane Gujarati to Federal judgeship
- Rakshas Executive Director given Hope for Tomorrow Award at International Womens Houses
- Serious concerns about collection of biometric data for Aadhaar in India
- Priyanka Chopra's Quantico ends up with third season
- US security officials apologized Sikh Minister for asking him to remove his turban
- Dr. Sivananda Nyayapathi once again shown his caliber in producing a grand prize-winning portrait