New Delhi sources stated that External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said that India will raise the issue of changing H1B visa norms with the US at the 2+2 dialogue scheduled to be held on September 6 in New Delhi and Sushma Swaraj told Rajya Sabha “They are already raising the issue formally at various foray and are speaking on it with the White House, with state administration as well as with Congressmen and they will raise it humbly at the 2+2 dialogue on September 6 in New Delhi".
Meanwhile she said that although there has been “no major change so far” in the H1B visa policy from the US side but the prevailing sentiment in the US about tightening of visa norms was a cause of concern for the “Indian government, the opposition members and the entire House”. Moreover the minister said that in fact the number of visas has actually gone up from 1,08,000 in 2014 to 1,29,000 in 2018.
She said "In February, the Trump government
came up with a new visa policy that makes the procedure for issuing H-1B visas
tougher. As per the new policy, the hiring company would have to prove that its
H-1B employee at a third-party worksite has specific and non-qualifying
speculative assignments in specialty occupation".
Indian origin Doctor pleaded guilty to fraud in healthcare Washington sources reported that the Justice Department said an Indian origin doctor has pleaded guilty to a healthcare fraud in the US. Meanwhile Jayam Krishna Iyer, 66, from Clearwater, Florida, pleaded guilty to one count of the healthcare fraud earlier this week and faces a maximum penalty
- Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US