Washington sources reported that Indian origin astronaut Sunita Williams is among the nine astronauts named by NASA on Friday for its first human spaceflight program from the US soil since the retirement of the space shuttle in 2011. Accordingly the astronauts will fly on the spacecraft developed by Elon Musk owned SpaceX’s Crew Dragon and global aviation firm Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner, as part of the US space agency’s Commercial Crew programme to send humans to the ISS on private US spacecraft.
Meanwhile Williams has been named for the Boeing program to the ISS the first test flight scheduled to take place in the middle of 2019. NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said “For the first time since 2011, we are on the brink of launching American astronauts on American rockets from American soil”. He was born in Euclid (Ohio), Williams came to NASA from the Navy where she was a test pilot and rose to the rank of captain before retiring.
Furthermore since her selection as an astronaut in 1998, she has spent 322
days aboard the International Space Station (ISS) for Expeditions 14/15 and
Expeditions 32/33, commanded the space station and performed seven spacewalks.
The US space agency said in a statement “The men and women we assign to these
first flights are at the forefront of this exciting new time for human
spaceflight. It will be thrilling to see our astronauts lift off from American
soil, and we can’t wait to see them aboard the ISS”.
CEO of Msys Technologies honored as Market Entrepreneur Award Atlanta sources reported that Entrepreneur and CEO of MSys Technologies Sanjay Sehgal has been honored as the top among the six shortlisted honorees for Upper Market Entrepreneur Awards at the TiE Atlanta Top Entrepreneur Awards 2018 held at the Avalon Conference Center in Alpharetta, GA on September 28, 2018. Accordingly the awards recognize the enthusiasm and innovation of entrepreneurs
- Depreciation puts rupees in NRIs hands, making properties cheaper
- Georgia based orthodontist, appointed by Governor Nathan Deal to Georgia Board of Dentistry
- Navin Gurnaney assumes as CEO of Tata Starbucks in Atlanta
- Google CEO agrees to testify before House Judiciary Committee
- IMFs First Female Chief Economist appointed
- Village Rockstars selected as official entry to India for 91st Academy Awards
- 3 Women leaders among 115 people selected as FB Global Community Leaders
- Indian professor honored with Outstanding Investigator Award
- Indian origin Doctor pleaded guilty to fraud in healthcare
- Ro Khanna to revoke Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi Congressional Gold Medal
- Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas