Washington sources reported that Indian origin astronaut Sunita Williams is among the nine astronauts named by NASA on Friday for its first human spaceflight program from the US soil since the retirement of the space shuttle in 2011. Accordingly the astronauts will fly on the spacecraft developed by Elon Musk owned SpaceX’s Crew Dragon and global aviation firm Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner, as part of the US space agency’s Commercial Crew programme to send humans to the ISS on private US spacecraft.
Meanwhile Williams has been named for the Boeing program to the ISS the first test flight scheduled to take place in the middle of 2019. NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said “For the first time since 2011, we are on the brink of launching American astronauts on American rockets from American soil”. He was born in Euclid (Ohio), Williams came to NASA from the Navy where she was a test pilot and rose to the rank of captain before retiring.
Furthermore since her selection as an astronaut in 1998, she has spent 322
days aboard the International Space Station (ISS) for Expeditions 14/15 and
Expeditions 32/33, commanded the space station and performed seven spacewalks.
The US space agency said in a statement “The men and women we assign to these
first flights are at the forefront of this exciting new time for human
spaceflight. It will be thrilling to see our astronauts lift off from American
soil, and we can’t wait to see them aboard the ISS”.
US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day Washington sources reported that after greeting India on its 72nd Independence Day, US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo on Wednesday said a “fellow democracy and a friend” was taking its rightful place as a leading global power with its democratic values and inclusiveness.
- Fox network Executives aware of Apu Controversy
- Second violent attack of a Sikh Man in California
- US continues to be as welcoming to qualified Indian travelers
- Doctoral student charged for exploiting Minor
- NASA reviews flight data to space station with 9 Astronauts
- New Jersey Radio Host suspended for commenting about Sikh Attorney General
- Indian-American IT Professional developed SmartGaon
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- India-US 2+2 dialogue involves two sides in H1B Visa issue
- Gas Station Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman for Financial Gain
- External Affairs Minister confirms safety about Mobile Passport App
- Nisha Sejwal killed in mid air plane collision
- A Indian-American has acquired a own TV channel in NYC
- Meet the First Indian Woman to reach WWE in International Arena
- Person who killed an Indian student is shot dead by police