Washington sources reported that after greeting India on its 72nd Independence Day, US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo on Wednesday said a “fellow democracy and a friend” was taking its rightful place as a leading global power with its democratic values and inclusiveness. Pompeo said “On behalf of the Government of the United States of America, he extends his best wishes to the people and government of India on their Independence Day. Since gaining its independence 71 years ago, India has set an example for South Asia and the world by supporting democracy, diversity, and the rule of law-values shared by the US”.
Moreover he said the values shared by the two countries contribute to inspiring collaboration in health, energy, environment, science, and high technology that will fuel the jobs and prosperity of the future.
Furthermore “On this Indian Independence Day, we
congratulate India a unique civilization, fellow democracy, and a friend on
taking its rightful place as a leading global power and continuing our shared
efforts to sustain the rules based order.”
Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal Washington sources reported that Indian-American Congressman Pramila Jayapal has said Americans are recognizing that they don’t trust the US President who has maintained that he knew nothing about what was went on in his campaign. Meanwhile her comments came after Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges last week.
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant
- US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day