Atlanta sources reported that Federation of Indian-American Associations of Georgia (FIA Georgia), representing nearly 200,000 Indian-Americans in the state, formally sought the assistance of the Government of India in establishing direct flights from Atlanta to major Indian cities like Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Bangalore and Kolkata.
Accordingly Dr. Vasudev Patel, President of FIA Georgia, submitted the memorandum to Minister of State for External Affairs, General Vijay Kumar Singh during his visit to Atlanta on November 25. The Minister promised to assist the community in establishing direct flights through India’s state carrier, Air India. Dr. Patel said “He said this is a very good suggestion and felt that the Atlanta region certainly deserves this type of service. He promised to work on it with us”.
Moreover at present, Air India has direct flights only from other US cities like Newark, New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Direct flights from Atlanta to Indian cities will make it more convenient for passengers travelling to India from the Southeast US region. It will also make it more affordable for passengers travelling from this region.
54 Year Old Man charged for assaulting Indian Origin Woman New York sources reported that Allasheed Allah from Manhattan’s East Harlem neighborhood was arrested on Thursday and charged with assault as a hate crime and aggravated harassment against 20 year old Avneet Kaur during the November 30 attack in New York City’s Queens Borough. The police said Allah is also accused of hurling homophobic slurs at the woman before physically attacking her and leaving her with a fractured spine and he faces up to 15 years in prison for the attack and will return to
- Hillary Clinton met SEWA Headquarters Rural Women Artisans in India
- Mira animated mystery adventure series inspired by Indian culture
- Pramila Jayapal recruited Indian American as her Chief of Staff
- Cardiologist pleaded guilty for prescribing addictive drugs
- Will Indian Govt start Air India service from Atlanta?
- US government announced plans to change H1-B visa program
- Wedding Ceremony of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas began with Pooja
- Will Aamir Khan's Thugs of Hindostan receive positive response in China?
- Nick Jonas reached India ahead of his wedding with Priyanka Chopra
- American Tourist killed Trials in Andaman Island
- Indian origin Professor in US treated Students as his servants
- Indian students studying in US raised by 5%
- Hate crimes reported to the FBI soared about 17%
- Charm of owning a property in ones homeland been a driving factor for NRIs
- Donald Trump puts an end to law granting citizenship to all children born in US territory