New York sources stated that the detention of Indian students by the US immigration authorities came up during Indian Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale’s meeting with Congressional leaders. Meanwhile Representative Tom Suozzi tweeted that during the Monday meeting they discussed immigration issues and that he himself “sought everyone’s assistance regarding the Telugu students detained” by immigration authorities.
Furthermore the meeting took place in the Washington office of Brad Sherman, a Democrat, who is the chairman of the House of Representatives Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific and Non-Proliferation and the panel’s Ranking Republican Member Ted Yoho was also present.
Earlier in February, immigration officials detained 129 students, most of them from Telengana and Andhra Pradesh, who had enrolled in a fake university that officials had created in a sting operation against misuse of visas. Furthermore officials allege that they had enrolled in the institution knowing that it did not hold classes but was used only to facilitate visas. Reportedly he is scheduled to continue the dialogue on Wednesday with Andrea Thompson, the Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs.
Couple feels guilty of physically abusing Atlanta sources reported that after an 11 day trial, a federal jury found Satish Kartan, 45, and his wife, Sharmistha Barai, 40, guilty on March 14 of physically abusing, exploiting and threatening workers they hired from India and Nepal under false pretenses. Meanwhile according to court documents and evidence presented at trial, between February 2014 and October 2016, Kartan and Barai hired workers from India and Nepal to perform domestic labor in their home in Stockton.
- Anil Ambani thanked Mukesh Ambani for settling Ericsson dues by Reliance
- 9 people of Indian nationality missing in New Zealand's ChristChurch shooting
- Indian students detention came up with Congressional Leaders
- Andhra Pradesh Physician died in Ethiopian Flight crash
- New York Politician charged for getting bribes from Restaurateur
- Is Saudi Arabia Crown Prince in collision with his Father?
- Indian American teenager invented treatment for brain cancer
- Pramila Jayapal introduced Medicare for All Act of 2019 in the House
- Mike Pompeo in support of India for bombing action against Pakistan
- Nikki Haley says Pakistan has long history of Terrorists
- Indian American protested outside Pakistan consulates against Pulwama attack
- Why Kamala Harris father slammed her for pot smoking joke?
- NRI arrested for molesting US Woman in Delhi
- Is Masood Azhar the Global terrorist in Pulwama attack
- US Senator Kamala Harris decides to marry a White Man