Washington sources reported that American budget hotel chain, Motel 6, will pay $12 million to settle a lawsuit that said several of their properties in Washington State gave their guest lists to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the media reported. Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson’s office said in a statement “Between 2015 and 2017, seven Motel 6 properties in the state shared approximately 80,000 guests’ personal information with ICE without requiring a warrant”.
Reports added the guest lists contained private information of all guests at the hotel, violating their expectation of privacy and the hotel chain’s disclosures “resulted in ICE’s targeted investigation of many guests with Latino-sounding names”, the statement said, adding that Motel 6’s actions led to “significant harmful consequences, including the detention and deportation of many guests and the suffering of their families”.
Moreover motel 6 admitted during the attorney general’s investigation that at least six of its Washington state locations shared guests’ information with ICE. Reportedly “Motel 6’s actions tore families apart and violate the privacy rights of tens of thousands of Washingtonians,” Ferguson said in the statement. “Our resolution holds Motel 6 accountable for illegally handing over guests’ private information without a warrant.”
American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire Washington sources reported that American e-tailer Wayfair has come under fire for selling bath mats depicting Hindu Gods, after Amazon was slammed for selling similar items, the media reported. The Boston-based Wayfair that sells home goods, has been stocking bath mats with not just Lord Ganesha figurines
- Doctor being imprisoned for dispensing prescription painkillers
- Indian antiques & Valuables seized by US from art smuggler
- Indian candidate elected for Narcotics Board by UN
- Indian students declared second runners-up at Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- Will US Geophysicts be given Visa to attend workshop on climate in India?
- NRIs should know these rules before dealing in any kind of cash or investment
- Delta Air Lines will re-launch its nonstop service to Mumbai beginning December 22
- Under Health care fraud Physician put in prison
- Indian Teen offered acceptance letters from seven prominent US based universities
- Vallabh Sambhamurthy selected as Albert O. Nicholas Dean of the Wisconsin School of Business
- Kamala Harris launched her campaign for the White House
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument
- Why Tulsi Gabbard outraised Kamala Harris?
- Sania Mirza working hard to stay fit after her Delivery
- 3 Indian students won Award from NASAs Rover challenge