According to sources Denial rates for H-1B petitions have increased significantly, rising from 6% in FY 2015 to 32% in the first quarter of FY 2019 for new H-1B petitions for initial employment, according to a National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP) analysis of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) data.
Meanwhile between FY 2015 and FY 2018 the denial rate for new H-1B petitions quadrupled from 6% to 24%. To put this in perspective, between FY 2010 and FY 2015, the denial rate for initial H-1B petitions never exceeded 8%, while today the rate is 3 or 4 times higher. Furthermore denials have increased because USCIS and its adjudicators have raised the standard of proof for approving an H-1B petition without any new law or regulation that would permit the agency to do so legally, according to attorneys and employers.
Moreover the new policies began in April 2017, after Donald Trump issued the “Buy American and Hire American” executive order. The policies and its results indicate the term “merit-based” immigration is more a rhetorical device aimed at gaining support to reduce family admissions, rather than a set of policies designed to facilitate high-skilled immigration. Apparently an H-1B visa is generally the only practical way for a high-skilled foreign national, including a recent international student, to work long-term in the United States.
Sania Mirza working hard to stay fit after her Delivery According to sources new mommy on the block, Sania Mirza is working hard to get fit after delivering her baby boy, Izhaan, a few months ago, but it is not just her workout videos with which she is nailing her Instagram game, it is also with her hilarious yet catchy captions and her latest Instagram post is a proof of that.
- 3 Indian students won Award from NASAs Rover challenge
- Kamala Harris showed her 15 years of her tax returns
- Denial rates for H-1B petitions increased significantly
- Canada sets to make GTS open for Indians
- US Hotel Chain has no privacy in sharing guest lists
- US & India people to run to beat 7000 rare diseases
- Global Health Award for Harvard School Professor
- Indian Pilot Widow wife accused crash of Lion Air Flight due to Boeing
- Do you know top Idli ordering Cities outside India?
- Will NRIs cast their votes for this Lok Sabha Polls?
- India's Chandraayan 2 to carry NASA probe instrument
- Will Kamala Harris fight for increasing salary hike for Teachers?
- Couple feels guilty of physically abusing
- Anil Ambani thanked Mukesh Ambani for settling Ericsson dues by Reliance
- 9 people of Indian nationality missing in New Zealand's ChristChurch shooting