mumbai sources reported that Air india Western Region Director mukesh Bhatia said the first commercial service will be operated by Captain Ranjeesh Sharma and Captain Digvijay Singh, marking the “maturing of civil aviation in india as another frontier is crossed”. Meanwhile Air india had conquered this frontier in 2007, when Captain Amitabh Singh currently, Director (Operations) flew a Boeing 777 over the polar region. He had taken delivery of the brand new aircraft and flew it over the North Pole from Seattle to New delhi, going in the record books as the first Indian pilot to notch this feat.
mukesh Bhatia said on the new Polar flight route “Passengers will benefit from the reduced fuel consumption and a better environment from the reduced carbon emissions”. Air india is in a unique position to offer direct (non-stop) flights between india and North America, but the Polar route between the two countries has not yet been exploited. Bhatia added “Situated on opposite sides of the Northern Hemisphere, india and North America would benefit immensely by using existing North Polar routes for commercial air operations”.
The AI already has flights to the US from the Atlantic and Pacific routes as part of its endeavor to conserve fuel, slash travel time, improve aircraft utility and reduce carbon emissions. According to AI, the fuel saving on the Polar route is expected to be in the region of 02 to 07 tonnes with a resultant decrease in carbon emission of 06 to 21 tonnes per flight, and is part of the initiative of the Fuel Conservation Committee of the airline.
Global Village Tech Park sold to US firm Blackstone by Coffee Day According to sources Coffee Day Enterprises Ltd on Wednesday approved selling Global Village Tech Park of its subsidiary Tanglin Developments Ltd in Bengaluru to the US based private equity firm Blackstone for Rs 2,600-3,000 crore over the next 30-45 days. “The Board of Directors approved the disinvestment of Global Village Tech Park in its subsidiary, Tanglin Developments Ltd, in favor
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- EC calls NRIs to register online to boost numbers of voters being put in place for either proxy voting
- Air India (AI) announced its inaugural passenger flight between New Delhi and San Francisco
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres came out against changing status of J&K and Pakistan
- Ivanka Trump condoled death of Sushma Swaraj
- How Jammu and Kashmir will cease to scrap Article 370 of the Constitution?
- Trump renewed his offer of mediation in Kashmir issue
- Indian graduate student shot dead in place where he worked part time
- Sand Artist won People's Choice Prize at Boston
- Pink City Jaipur made an official entry in the list of UNESCO World Heritage
- Indian Lawyers who spearheaded legal challenge to Indian Penal Code have come out as a couple
- India rebuffed US President Donald Trump offer to mediate on Kashmir issue
- Indian diaspora getting ready to meet Indian PM with a Texan Howdy, Modi! greeting
- UN body says Many Indians are becoming fatter, many unnourished
- 9 employees of Indian restaurant detained by ICE raid