According to sources the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on Thursday said officials of the California Institute of technology (CalTech) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) visited its headquarters and met its Chairman K.Sivan.
In a statement ISRO said: “Professor David Tirrell, Provost of California Institute of technology, USA visited ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore and met K. Sivan, Chairman, ISRO and Secretary, Department of Space (DOS) on September 11, 2019.” Tirrell was accompanied by General Larry James, Deputy Director of JPL and other senior officials from CalTech, ISRO said.
However, the statement is silent on the purpose of the meeting. The Indian space agency will launch a satellite built by the Indian Institute of Space Science and technology (IIST) in collaboration with CalTech. “The IIST is designing a satellite along with California Institute of technology,” Sivan had told IANS early this year. While ISRO has been putting into orbit satellites built by Indian universities and educational institutions since 2009, the non-building of a satellite by IIST was noticeable.
International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven The overseas Indian is usually a much loved figure, praised for his drive and ambition that took him overseas, while the domestic Indian migrant is often a much-derided figure, seen as someone who steals jobs and burdens the local economy. Data on migration does show some differences in the patterns of national and international migration but it also highlights the tendency to move to more affluent geographies (within and without the country) in search
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO
- These 2 Sisters did Arangetram for charity