Sandhya Ravishankar an independent journalist from Chennai, tracks the issue regarding illegal beach sand mining in Tamil Nadu for the past four years now. In a letter to the Press Council of India, the journalist alleged she has been tortured by the supporters of S Vaikundarajan, one of the largest beach sand miner South India. They have targeted against Ravishankar on blogs and through social media.She has been harassed and published online with trolls on social media using foul filthy language, they alleged calling her “corrupt” journalist, etc.Her mobile number was published onTwitter and Facebook through trolls supporting Mr S Vaikundarajan, the largest beach sand miner in the country. Subsequently, she received a flood of abusive calls to threaten.
Ravishankar first broke a story on this issue in 2013 at the time she was working with a television channel. Ever since she has been tracking the story and recently she published a four-part series in The Wire.
Ravishankar told media, that Vaikundarajan’s team has sent her a legal notice stating that they will be file a criminal defamation case against her. She was also accused of taking up bribes and in 2016, Ravishankar and her husband also got a legal summon from the Tirunelveli court.She further states in her letter:
"In that response to the magazine, to which I have absolutely no connection, the author has mentioned her as a “pimp”, has stated falsely that I am “bargaining with Vaikundarajan for Rs 200 crores”.Ravishankar given an open statement about Tamil publications like Vikatan, The Hindu (Tamil) are also bribed by the miner. The cyber crime cell of the Chennai, police is investigating the threats that she has been receiving.
KFC shuts some restaurants in UK According to sources from London Fast food chain KFC said on Monday that it had been forced to close hundreds of its British stores because of a shortage of chicken. Sources have added that the problem arose at the weekend after the chain switched its delivery contract to DHL, forcing the majority of its 900 outlets in Britain to shut.
- A Sweet and Sour achievement by Indian!!
- Minister's speech on Kannada draws ire!!
- 15 IAS Officers transferred!!
- Bill Gates says super-wealthy people like him to contribute "significantly higher" amounts of tax
- US President Donald Trump slammed Oprah Winfrey as "very insecure"
- Rotomac Pen owner indulged in Rs. 800 crore fraud cases
- Mexico rocked by a 6.1 magnitude earthquake for the second time in three day
- Donald Trump Junior makes his visit to India by next week
- PM Modi's foreign visits borne by the External Affairs Ministry
- Post of Canadian PM Justin Trudeau picture with Shashi doing rounds on social media
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan's marries Bushra Maneka
- Foreign Scientists be provided with free Visa by Saudi Arabia
- Had Chiranjeevi waited like Rajni until AP's breakup with Telangana?
- Cruz badly wanted a girlfriend & depressed about his mother's death
- Tamilnadu Court sentenced Dhasvanth to death for sexually assaulting & killing 7 year girl