Thiruvananthapuram sources have made a statement that the national policy on marine fisheries notified by the Central government on April 28 has recommended a major push for private investments in deep-sea fishing, eliciting serious concerns among fishermen communities who see it as a backdoor entry for foreign players and the policy declares the government’s intention to rescind the Letter of Permit (LoP) scheme allowing foreign vessels to operate in Indian waters.
Meanwhile when considering as per the notification the LoP scheme has not had the expected impact on inclusive development of the deep-sea fishing sector, the government will rescind the existing scheme and consider an alternate mechanism for development of the sector.
However, it seeks to encourage entrepreneurship
development, private investment and public private partnership in the marine
fisheries sector. It also calls for harnessing overseas technology to develop
an optimum fleet size of modern fishing vessels capable of undertaking extended
voyages, by opening up the sector to private investors; the government is
providing an alternative to the LoP scheme for foreign players to come in.
Meanwhile, the State government is piqued over the Centre’s refusal to address the demands and concerns raised by the State at various stakeholder consultations during the policy formulation and the key government sources said most of the issues highlighted by the State had been ignored by the Centre.
Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%! Central government is all set to cut the income tax slab from 30 to 25 per cent in the upcoming Union Budget. The 30% IT is for those with income more than Rs 10 lakh per annum. This step targets at increasing direct tax base, like how indirect tax net was improved with Goods and Service Tax (GST). It’s a statistic that out of 125 crore people, only 3 crores file returns.
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?
- Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects