Chennai sources have stated that the Opposition Leader and DMK working president M.K. Stalin on Wednesday accused the State government of failing to rehabilitate water bodies in the State. Meanwhile in an informal chat with reporters after inspecting the desilting work at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple here, he said that the DMK had been voicing its demand for desilting water bodies in the State for long. Many of them were in neglect. Without rehabilitation and restoration of inlet and outlet channels, it would be difficult to store water during the monsoon season.
Further Stalin said, the DMK had taken up initiatives to rehabilitate the water bodies. Besides asking its cadre to desilt water bodies along with like-minded people, the party would also motivate those undertaking desilting work on their own.
Meanwhile when alleging that the government was trying scuttle the
desilting work that was under way at the tank of Sri Perianachiamman temple,
Mr. Stalin said the private tank was being desilted after a gap of about 77
years at an estimated cost of 5 lakh.
Previously accompanied by former Minister and DMK MLA K.N. Nehru, Mr. Stalin held discussions with those involved in the desilting work. Later, he visited Thogamalai in Karur district and inspected the rehabilitation work at Naganur and Nathipatti tanks, where the district unit of DMK is undertaking rehabilitation work with the participation of residents of Naganur and Nathipatti Panchayats.
New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots Hyderabad sources have reported that the address the problem of having to give small change in bus fares, TSRTC has rationalized the city ticket fare structure. Meanwhile the minimum fare for city ordinary buses is now Rs 5, down from Rs 7 and the fare increases for longer distances. Accordingly the new fares kick in on Monday for Hyderabad and Warangal depots.
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?