Chennai sources have stated that even as the SSLC results were announced at 10 a.m., various CBSE schools in the city began getting enquiries from parents about the admission process for enrolling their children in Class XI and over the last two years, ever since the NEET was announced, principals of CBSE schools in the city have been seeing an uptick in applications for Classes XI and XII.
Amudha Lakshmi, principal of Chettinad Vidyashram School said “The demand for the biology group has been extremely high and we have got several enquiries. Though it started last year, this year since the NEET was conducted, the numbers have increased".
Of the 9.82 lakh students who appeared for the
SSLC exams, 2.47 lakh students were from self-financed matric schools and many
of them would be looking to shift to other streams and the results for the CBSE
Class X and XII exams have however not been declared yet and many CBSE schools
will begin admissions only after that. The Vice Principal of a city school said
“It will be extremely tough for us to accommodate State board students since
the numbers in our Class X are already high".
Meanwhile S. Arumainathan, State President, Tamil Nadu Students Parents Welfare Association, said that considering the number of students in State Board schools, the State doesn’t have enough good CBSE schools to accommodate more students. “Over the last few years, many matriculations schools have begun to introduce CBSE syllabus for Class XI and XII but not all of them offer quality education.
New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots Hyderabad sources have reported that the address the problem of having to give small change in bus fares, TSRTC has rationalized the city ticket fare structure. Meanwhile the minimum fare for city ordinary buses is now Rs 5, down from Rs 7 and the fare increases for longer distances. Accordingly the new fares kick in on Monday for Hyderabad and Warangal depots.
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?