As per report from sources it was stated that Nine people were killed and at least 25 were injured when a bus collided with a truck carrying steel rods on an over bridge in Tamilnadu's Thanjavur district on Friday. Police said the steel rods pierced some of the bus passengers. It was stated that the state run passenger bus, going from Tirupur to Kumbakonam, was carrying some 60 passengers.
Police say the bus collided with the truck on an over bridge at Vallam town in the district and apart from seven passengers, the drivers of the two vehicles also died on the spot, police said. All the injured people have been admitted to Thanjavur Medical College Hospital.
Meanwhile the police said they are
ascertaining the cause of the accident, adding speeding could not be ruled out.
The Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation bus could have been trying to
overtake the steel-rod laden truck when it lost control. District Collector A
Annadurai and Superintendent of Police J Mahesh have gone to the accident site.
Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!! Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau along with his family is currently on an 8 day long trip to India, but right from the first day, he has been ignored by the central government. Not just that the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi never went to Delhi to welcome the Canadian Prime minister, but he didn't even care to post a welcome message on his official Twitter handle.
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days
- Scamster Nirav Modi's firms raided last year