Sources from Bengaluru have made a statement that Roopa, the Karnataka police officer who had alleged that AIADMK chief VK Sasikala is currently enjoying VIP facilities in a Bengaluru prison, was transferred yesterday. So was her boss HN Satyanarayana Rao, the state's Director General of Prisons, whom she had accused of accepting a bribe for favors to Ms. Sasikala.
Meanwhile, in a report last week to the Karnataka government based on her inspection of the central jail, Ms. Roopa had alleged that Ms. Sasikala enjoys an exclusive kitchen and other facilities. Her report referred to speculation that Ms. Sasikala, jailed for corruption, had paid 2 crores for special treatment and Mr. Rao could have been a beneficiary.
Furthermore, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ordered an inquiry but later warned that action could be taken against Ms. Roopa for violating her service rules by going to the media. He told journalists yesterday that "It is an administrative process, it is not necessary to disclose everything to the media."
YSR Congress gave notice for no-trust motion as SCS not granted to AP New Delhi sources have stated that the YSR Congress Party will pitch for taking up their notice of no-confidence motion against the Modi government when the Lok Sabha meets today amid no signs of a let-up in the deadlock in its proceedings. Meanwhile Y V Subba Reddy of the YSR Congress has written to the Lok Sabha secretariat to put his notice for the motion in the revised list of business for today.
- US told Pakistan to do more against Taliban & other terror groups operating
- Rahul says Modi is not fighting corruption, Modi is corruption
- AirAsia Flight returned to Bengaluru instead of landing in Chennai
- Controversial actress cites Modi as role model for Women!
- A Dog makes a plane to take diversion!
- 53 years old rapes 90 year old!!
- Southern states join hands against Modi!!
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?