Ruling that it is pointless "continue a purposeless marriage and to prolong the agony and stress of the parties", the Supreme Court today made a big verdict to change the rules for Hindu couples looking to divorce.
The top court said, it is totally upto individual judges to decide on the mandatory six-month wait .The waiver decision is in the judge’s hand and can be waived for couples who agree that they want out.
Currently, the law under the Hindu Marriage Act, after a couple(together) files for divorce with mutual consent from both, it has to wait for solid 18 months to actually get the divorce.In the 18 months: 12 months of separation have to be established, followed by a grace six-month "cooling off" period that is actually intended to allow for reconciliation.
The SC also said six-month waiver is applicable where the couple has settled differences including all from alimony and child custody.
16 year girl subjected to prolonged sexual abuse by many men, including policemen According to sources Kerala police questioned Sunitha, 16 year old where her close relative Athira had been taking her for past few months. Sunitha said to a women police officer after consistent and persistent prodding that she was under sexual abuse for over a longer period y many men including policemen.
- India Today Opinion poll says Rajinikanth party gets 33 seats
- Donald Trump's Hair loss drug linked to depression and dysfunction
- Why Chandrababu Naidu shocked many officials by saying sorry?
- Inter caste Marriage? Even Parents don't have the Rights to question - Supreme Court issues new Order
- Chicago boy's kindness to homeless man!!
- China blocks centralized trading Cryptocurrencies!
- Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%!
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?
- Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots