New Delhi sources have stated that Petrol and diesel prices have gone through the roof ever since the central government announced daily revision of fuel prices. Petrol price in Delhi was at Rs70.38 per liter, whereas in Hyderabad it is Rs74.50 and in Mumbai a liter of petrol costs Rs79.48.
According to sources the excise duty on petrol was hiked by Rs 11.77 per liter and that on diesel by 13.47 a liter ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP government came to power in 2014. Earlier the government had in November 2015 and January 2016 raised excise duty on petrol and diesel five times to take away gains arising from plummeting international oil prices. Excise duty on petrol was hiked by Rs4.02 a liter and that on diesel by Rs6.97.
Moreover the four excise duty hikes during this
period totaled Rs7.75 per liter on petrol and Rs6.50 a liter on diesel and it
led to about Rs20,000 crore in additional revenue to the government, helping it
meet the fiscal deficit target. Furthermore the petroleum products still
attract state and central levies such as excise duty and VAT(Value added tax)
as the government has excluded petrol and diesel from the ambit of GST (Goods
and Service Tax).
Kamal ready to announce his Political party's name by February Chennai sources have reported that Actor Kamal Hassan will announce his political party's name on February 21 at Tamilnadu's Ramanathapuram and begin a state wide tour the same day. Accordingly the tour will be held in phases. He will begin the journey from Ramanathapuram which is his hometown and later will visit people from the districts of Madurai, Dindigul and Sivagangai.
- Pattadar Passbooks to be issued in all TS from March 11
- 16 year girl subjected to prolonged sexual abuse by many men, including policemen
- India Today Opinion poll says Rajinikanth party gets 33 seats
- Donald Trump's Hair loss drug linked to depression and dysfunction
- Why Chandrababu Naidu shocked many officials by saying sorry?
- Inter caste Marriage? Even Parents don't have the Rights to question - Supreme Court issues new Order
- Chicago boy's kindness to homeless man!!
- China blocks centralized trading Cryptocurrencies!
- Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%!
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?