New Delhi sources have made a statement that the all powerful GST Council headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is likely to discuss reducing rates of close to 60 items in its next meeting on October 24 in New Delhi. A senior government official said “Around 100 items were there in the Council meeting's agenda on Saturday. Only 40 items could be taken up for discussion as we were running out of time. Remaining items will be considered in the next meeting on October 24".
According to sources the Council, which met in Hyderabad, extended the deadline for filing the first set of returns, a move that will benefit millions of traders who have been struggling to upload invoices in the new tax system’s portal. Apart from discussing the liquidity crunch that the states are going through, the team also discussed the way out for technical glitches on the tax return filing portal GST Network (GSTN).
Currently the GST has four broad slab structures 5,
12, 18 and 28% along with a cess on luxury and demerit goods such as tobacco,
pan masala and aerated drinks. The
compensation would be met through levy of a 'GST Compensation Cess' on luxury
items and sin goods like tobacco, for the first five years.
Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song? According to sources from Ratlam school in Madhya Pradesh's Ratlam was allegedly vandalised by members of Shri Rajput Karni Sena after students performed on the song 'Ghoomar' from Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmaavat.' Meanwhile the incident was reported from Saint Paul's Convent School here, where students from grades one to five performed to the song during their annual day function.
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?
- Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet