According to sources the Telangana Culture Department planned to assemble about 3,500 women at the LB stadium in the city to form the largest human flower in 'Tangedu' flower shape and set a new Guinness world record on the finale of Bathukamma, the festival of flowers. The perimeter was drawn in white and the women wearing green and yellow color saris started assembling from around 10 in the morning. The officials then realized that they were running short of the planned number as only around 2,300 women showed up.
Meanwhile the Secretary to the Culture department of the Telangana government reportedly said that had it not for the incessant rain, they would have pulled off the world record. Furthermore he added that they would make another attempt very soon as the Guinness Book of World Records officials permit the applicants to make three attempts. He praised the women for braving the rain and assembling at the stadium.
Earlier on 10 September this year, around 2,600 people from China
assembled to form the largest human flower and thus set a new Guinness world
record. Telangana govt. intended to break it by assembling 3500 women but they
could gather only 2300.
Ex-Trump campaign manager secretly paid unnamed former senior European politicians According to sources from Washington Mr. Manafort paid over €2m ($2.5m; £1.8m) to the ex-politicians, and so he has maintained his innocence in the face of Mr. Mueller's investigations. Meanwhile Mr. Trump's ex-deputy campaign manager, Rick Gates, has admitted conspiracy and lying to investigators in a plea deal.
- Will the Central govt cheat AP in Special Status issue?
- YS Jagan gets a big bumper for 2019 Elections
- No official intimation of FATF decision by Ahsan Iqbal
- Donald Trump recited the lyrics of a song 'The Snake' about restricting immigration
- KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha