Mumbai sources have stated that 22 people were killed and over 30 sustained serious injuries in a stampede in Mumbai on Friday, when a crowd tried to leave a narrow railway bridge connecting two busy stations after heavy rain. Meanwhile as per reports, the stampede broke out at around 10.30 AM on the bridge between the busy Parel and Elphinstone Road local railway stations. These two stations are used by most of Mumbai's local train commuters as there are large number of offices in the area.
Sources have stated that there were more than the usual people on the bridge at that time, taking shelter from the rain. The tragedy reportedly happened when four trains came at the same time and people rushed to their respective trains. Because of the rain, a few people slipped and it led to a heart wrenching tragedy.
Moreover angry commuters said the bridge was too old and narrow to take
the rush hour traffic. The residents blamed the authorities for their
negligence in not building enough bridges in the busy area. Further the Railway
Minister Piyush Goyal ordered an enquiry on the stampede. Prime Minister
Narendra Modi tweeted condolences.
LEAKED! MP Sasikala gets Divorced at 41 and She's gonna Marry another guy on March 26th - PROOF INSIDE This is not V.K.Sasikala and it's L.Sasikala Pushpa. She is Member of the Parliament of India who represented Tamil Nadu in Rajya Sabha, the Upper house of the parliament. She also acted as Mayor of Thoothukudi Municipal Corporation from 2011-2014. She was expelled from ADMK Party by Late CM Jayalalitha for her alleged affair with DMK MP Tiruchi Siva.
- Rainfall in March is pretty rare & so Tamilnadu folks surprised
- President Donald Trump imposes tariffs despite opposition from some business sectors
- Iconic Astrologer revealed about Sridevi's death
- Controversial statement by TRS Woman Leader shocked KTR
- 90 houses destroyed by wildfires raging in various parts of southeastern Australia
- Om Prakash Rajbhar skipped 1 year birthday party of Yogi Adityanath's government
- Nature based solutions "can act as regulator, cleaner and water supplier"
- BREAKING: TAMIL NADU offers NO SUPPORT to Andhra Pradesh on No-Trust Move
- BJP leaders called for a sedition case against Stalin
- Lingayats - A new religion in India!
- "I found the Missing Malaysian flight" - Shocking revelations on MH 370!!
- BREAKING: Sasikala Husband Natarajan Passed away - Sasikala gets Parole
- Bengaluru brave girl who chased bikers!
- Indian-American Sonya Ahuja is leading Facebook's 'secret police'
- Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf's (PTI) leader ready to take on "Sharif Mafia"