Washington sources have reported that Diwali dinner was first hosted for Indian-American community by former President Barack Obama in 2009. The White House Diwali celebration has since become an annual affair.
Earlier in June, Trump infamously ended the decades long White House tradition of celebrating Eid (Ramadan) with an 'iftar' dinner. Hence, the Indian-American community had some apprehensions whether the Diwali dinner too would be canceled. Trump however decided to continue this tradition. Meanwhile the Indian-American community hopes that Trump will address visa-related issues with community members during the dinner.
Furthermore the community also hopes Trump will consider their request
that he address a rally in Chicago for about 15,000
Indian-Americans. According to sources the Diwali dinner is being described
by some political analysts as a strategical move of Trump govt. to ease the
Indian-American community's fears about the President's call for a stricter
Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam? Sources from Ramanathapuram, Tamilnadu stated that hours before the blockbuster launch of his new political party, veteran actor Kamal Hassan, had visited the house of ex-president APJ Abdul Kalam in Ramanathapuram, and had spent time with his family members.
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days
- Scamster Nirav Modi's firms raided last year
- Actor Kamal Hassan unveils his party flag, name and will hoist the party flag today
- Saudi Arabian government comes to the help of women!
- Sidharamaiah's direct attack on Modi!!
- Arumbakkam Chain snatcher nabbed by cops!!
- Getting the View Button in Google Image Search - Here's what you need to do!
- Apple released updates for watchOS, tvOS, and macOS to stop the crash
- Did Schools showed PM Modi's speech to students preparing for exams?
- Nirav Modi pens to PNB for spoiling his brand
- Investors & big industrialists only proved UP is not poor