Sources have reported that after weeks of enduring criticism of his mismanagement of the economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi struck back on Wednesday in a speech to company secretaries. It was a typically impressive Modi performance, mingling mythological references with robust defenses of his record in office, re positioning of himself as an "outsider", and, of course, the usual trenchant attacks on the Congress.
Meanwhile the PM's speech had no answer to those with real questions about the economy, including former BJP cabinet ministers such as Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and many senior members of the party and even the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. There was no explanation in his speech as to how the country will overcome a crippling investment deficit.
Moreover this is Modi's greatest failure. After all, the only thing that
his critics and his defenders can agree on is that Modi has worked hard to
change the "narrative" about the Indian economy, with considerable
effect. But a more positive narrative has a purpose: it is meant to induce
private investors to bet on the future of the Indian economy, to put their
money where their mouth is.
Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!! Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau along with his family is currently on an 8 day long trip to India, but right from the first day, he has been ignored by the central government. Not just that the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi never went to Delhi to welcome the Canadian Prime minister, but he didn't even care to post a welcome message on his official Twitter handle.
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days
- Scamster Nirav Modi's firms raided last year