Puducherry sources have stated that the ruling Congress in Puducherry today said it would observe November 8, the first anniversary of demonetization, as 'Black Day' with its allies here. Puducherry PWD Minister and PCC president A Namassivayam said at a press conference here that "The Centre's move to demonetize Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes on November 8 last year had crippled the economy, worsened the unemployment problem and failed to achieve its purpose in the country".
Meanwhile, he said a meeting of the Congress and its allies including the DMK had been convened on October 31 to discuss the various activities to be conducted as part of the protest against the note ban implemented by the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre.
Further Namassivayam, who also holds the Local Administration portfolio, said efforts had been launched to curb the spread of dengue by eradicating mosquitoes through multi-pronged measures including fogging operations. He said the government had brought in a ban on display of advertisement materials, banners and cut-outs by political parties, business sector and others in areas which were outside the designated areas.
Ex-Trump campaign manager secretly paid unnamed former senior European politicians According to sources from Washington Mr. Manafort paid over €2m ($2.5m; £1.8m) to the ex-politicians, and so he has maintained his innocence in the face of Mr. Mueller's investigations. Meanwhile Mr. Trump's ex-deputy campaign manager, Rick Gates, has admitted conspiracy and lying to investigators in a plea deal.
- Will the Central govt cheat AP in Special Status issue?
- YS Jagan gets a big bumper for 2019 Elections
- No official intimation of FATF decision by Ahsan Iqbal
- Donald Trump recited the lyrics of a song 'The Snake' about restricting immigration
- KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha