New Delhi sources have stated that the attacks on two Indian students in the Italian city of Milan are being investigated by the authorities there, a senior official said here on Friday. External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said in his weekly media briefing here that "The matter is under investigation by the local authorities".
He said "There were two students who were attacked on two different days". He said that the Indian Consul General has met both the students and another official from the consulate was also sent to the hospital where they were admitted. Meanwhile the Indian Consulate in Milan had on Monday said that it has received reports of attacks and cautioned students to stay away from any area perceived to be of risk.
Earlier on Tuesday, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said that she
had spoken to an Indian student assaulted in Milan and was told that it was not
a racial attack but robbery. Moreover Sushma Swaraj had earlier said she was
personally monitoring the situation amid reports of attacks on Indian students
in the Italian city.
Strong earthquake shook large swathe of southern & central Mexico According to sources from Mexicos National Seismological Service and as per report the US Geological Survey triggering the quake alarm system in Mexico City and causing buildings to sway and there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake, which measured 7.2 in magnitude.
- 4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users
- Amazon joins rank of biggies by manufacturing its own chipsets for its Alexa
- United States McDonald's is removing cheeseburgers from its Happy Meal menu for Children's issue
- Cong said a whistleblower alerted govt regarding Nirav Modi but PM, Jaitley ignored tip
- Trump & Modi's India-US tie is strong
- Iranian President made his visit to Hyderabad
- Is there a difference in Special Category Status & Special Financial Package?