New Delhi sources have reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had recently reiterated his government's stand on triple talaq, saying he won't be silent on it. Modi said, "When triple talaq matter was in court, the government pushed their affidavit and the newspapers said Modi will remain silent because of UP polls”.
Meanwhile, Modi added “People told him not to speak on the matter else there will be a political setback. He is very clear that on triple talaq he will not be silent. Everything is not about elections as this issue is for the rights of women."
Furthermore, Modi attacked the Congress over its dual stand on Ayodhya and questioned Kapil Sibal for linking it with the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Kapil Sibal is representing the Sunni Waqf Board in the case. Accordingly, Gujarat will go to polls in two phases on December 9 and December 14.
More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance Vijayawada sources have stated that the brightly colored common man's vehicle, Vijayawada rickshaw, which earned the city the name of second Kolkata in India, is being overtaken by autos. Meanwhile most of the rickshaw-pullers are turning into coolies with autos becoming the common mode of travel. Moreover rickshaw, which does not cause any pollution, was the vehicle used by the middle-class to ply short distances in the city.
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat
- US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%