According to sources Britain will set the minimum standards for the content for younger users that social media giants, including Facebook and Twitter have on their platform. Meanwhile as per report, Facebook and Twitter will have to adapt their websites for younger users after ministers caved in to a campaign by peers and children's charities.
Meanwhile the government will legislate for a code of practice setting out minimum standards for the "age-appropriate design" of sites, with companies failing to abide by the rules facing the possibility of large fines.
move comes three days after British Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt warned a
social media giant to stay away from his children. Furthermore he was speaking
against Messenger Kids for under 13 children to video chat and message with
family and friends launched by Facebook last week. Moreover the European
regulators have been pushing social media firms to remove racist and violent
posts from their platforms in a timely manner for years. Facebook, Twitter,
Microsoft and Google had all pledged to do more.
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat