Geneva sources have reported that 2017 year is anticipated to be the warmest year without a warming El Nino, Xinhua quoted the global weather office as saying. WMO media officer Clare Nullis quoted "The first 11 months of the year were the third warmest on record, behind 2016 and 2015, with much warmer than average conditions which is engulfing much of the world's land and ocean surfaces".
Meanwhile she said the source of the data is the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) which said that Arctic and Antarctic sea ice coverage remained at near record lows. WMO senior scientist Omar Baddour said, "Along with rising temperatures, we are seeing more extreme weather with huge socio-economic impacts."
During November 2017, warmer than average temperatures dominated across
much of the world's land and ocean surfaces, with the most notable temperature
departures from average across the Northern Hemisphere.
Hybrid much rarer than blue whales: Masson As per report the slaughter in Iceland of what is claimed was a member of the endangered species has triggered outrage and left experts puzzled about its true identity. Sea Shepherd, an international non-profit marine conservation movement, said in a statement that "There has not been a blue whale harpooned by anyone for the last 50 years until this one".
- Nawaz Sharifs Lawyers files an appeal against Accountability Court
- IMD forecasts Heavy Rain in Telangana for next 48 hours
- Ambanis net worth stood at $44.3 billion as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Govt run temples in TN to get certification from Food Safety %Standards Authority of India
- Is there any motive behind Pakistan blast?
- Rahul Gandhi hit back at BJP
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- Amit Shah chalked out Poll strategy for Telangana
- 6 died & 2 admitted in hospital after a gas leakage at Gerdau Steel plant
- Hyderabad school bans certain foods not to be brought for lunch
- Donald Trump ready to help NATO countries to buy US weapons
- Major controversy debate between BJP & Congress by Shashi Tharoor
- INDOFOS issued a warning of Heavy Rain for AP
- Osmania University makes new rule for PhD Thesis submitting students