The counting of votes of the RK Nagar by elections happened today, and during each phase of counting, independent candidate TTV Dhinakaran held a huge lead over his prime opponents ADMK. The By-Election at RK Nagar constituency which belonged to former chief minister Jayalalithaa was primarily seen as a battle between Dhinakaran and the EPS - OPS combo.
Following the huge success at RK Nagar by-election, TTV Dhinakaran has comfortably declared himself as the rightful Political heir to late Jayalalitha, thrashing beliefs of EPS and OPS. In fact, TTV Dhinakaran had initially challenged that within 3 months he'll bring an end to E Palanisamy - O Panneerselvam team, with this RK Nagar by-election.
ADMK team had contested with Madhusudanan while DMK tried its luck with Maruthu Ganesh. The by-election which was initially supposed to be held in April itself was postponed to a later date after increasing complaints of bribery. However, even this round of polling had its share of controversies, as everyone accused each other of bribes and team TTV Dhinakaran had released a video of late Jayalalitha during her stay at Apollo hospital, which helped his team gain some kind of edge over his rivals.
The vote status of the candidates are as follows
TTV Dhinakaran (winner) - 89013
Madhusudanan (ADMK) - 48306
Maruthu Ganesh (DMK) - 24624
Kalaikottuthayam(Naam Thamizhar) - 3645
Karu.Nagarajan(BJP) - 1236
Out of the 59 total candidates in RK Nagar by election, except TTV Dhinakaran and Madhusudanan, 57 candidates lost deposits. In 2016, When Jayalalitha contested she won by 39,545 votes. But now TTV has won by a huge margin of 40,707 votes. This is indeed a new record by any candidate.
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat