Hyderabad sources have stated that originally the Indian Science Congress which was scheduled to be held at Osmania University during January 3-7, 2018, the 105th edition of the historic Indian Science Congress will now be held at Manipur University, Imphal, tentatively between March 15 and 25, 2018.
Meanwhile the annual event, which is on the Prime Minister’s calendar in January, was postponed for the first time in its over 100 year history after Osmania University expressed inability to organize it because of the student unrest prevailed on the campus. It was learnt that security officials anticipated protests by students against Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the issue of Dalits and minorities, and Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao over government's failure in recruitment.
Moreover the changed venue was decided on Wednesday at an “emergency executive committee” meeting of the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA). Earlier Osmania offered to host the event on some other date since it has already made preparations for it. Presently a team of the association is expected to visit Manipur University on December 29 and 30 to assess its preparedness.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!