Shimla sources have stated that Jai Ram Thakur was sworn in as the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister at a ceremony here attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP President Amit Shah among others. Governor Acharya Devvrat administered the oath of office and secrecy to Thakur, who is turning 53 on January 6.
Meanwhile this will be his maiden term as Chief Minister. According to sources the swearing-in ceremony was held amid beating of drums and playing of 'shehnais' at the historic Ridge with Union Ministers and Chief Ministers of BJP-ruled states in attendance, along with more than 30,000 party supporters from across the state, mostly dressed up in traditional attires.
Moreover five time legislator
Thakur, who rose through the ranks and is known for his humble, clean and
low-profile nature, ahead of the ceremony said his top priorities would be
restoring law and order situation, and to minimize wasteful expenditure. His
mother who is residing at a remote village in Mandi district is a widowed
mother also attended the ceremony.
Supreme Court instructs MP, Rajasthan to release Padmavat! Supreme Court said that there'll be no modification in its earlier order which had enabled nationwide release of 'Padmavat', reiterating that people abide by court orders. Chief Justice Dipak Misra rejected pleas filed by Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh governments which demanded a modification of its January 18 order, in which Supreme Court had backed the nationwide release of 'Padmavat' on January 25 by removing the ban on its screening in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- Woman raped, with husband at Gunpoint!
- Price of petrol went up by 15 paisa per liter & diesel by 19 paisa
- Will PM Modi address the plenary session at the WEF in Davos in front of the world leaders?
- Petitioner seeks HC direction in filing cases against AP, Telangana Colleges
- Jio's Republic Day offer provides 1.5 GB per day instead of 1GB Per day
- Do you have any projection from 2018 Budget?
- Pawan made a perfect debut in Telangana
- Do you know the food menu for Dinner for PM Modi at Davos?
- Will there be any Income tax cut in 2018 Budget?
- We all have heard the term Budget.... What is it?
- SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System
- Trump signed a bill reopening the Government to temporarily pay for resuming operations
- Bengaluru flat owners unable to get khata certificates from revenue officials
- Telangana Citizens call it breach of privacy by the police
- Foreign Fund inflows & record gains in domestic equity markets supported the rupee