According to sources the opening up on the Triple Talaq issue, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Muslim women in India have finally found a way out of the agony they have suffered for ages due to Triple Talaq. Sources have stated that this is Modi's first comment after the Lok Sabha passed a bill that criminalizes the practice of instant divorce with three year jail.
Meanwhile he made these comments while delivering the inaugural address for the 85th Sivagiri Pilgrimage Celebrations at Sivagiri Mutt in Kerala via video-conferencing from Delhi. Significantly, the practice of instant divorce is not followed in major Muslim countries, including Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Egypt.
Accordingly Modi did not mention the proposal to criminalize instant
divorce with three years of imprisonment for Muslim husbands. Furthermore there
is a provision for subsistence allowance from the husband for the livelihood
and daily needs of the wife and the dependent children. The wife will also be
entitled to the custody of minor children.
Hybrid much rarer than blue whales: Masson As per report the slaughter in Iceland of what is claimed was a member of the endangered species has triggered outrage and left experts puzzled about its true identity. Sea Shepherd, an international non-profit marine conservation movement, said in a statement that "There has not been a blue whale harpooned by anyone for the last 50 years until this one".
- Nawaz Sharifs Lawyers files an appeal against Accountability Court
- IMD forecasts Heavy Rain in Telangana for next 48 hours
- Ambanis net worth stood at $44.3 billion as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Govt run temples in TN to get certification from Food Safety %Standards Authority of India
- Is there any motive behind Pakistan blast?
- Rahul Gandhi hit back at BJP
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- Amit Shah chalked out Poll strategy for Telangana
- 6 died & 2 admitted in hospital after a gas leakage at Gerdau Steel plant
- Hyderabad school bans certain foods not to be brought for lunch
- Donald Trump ready to help NATO countries to buy US weapons
- Major controversy debate between BJP & Congress by Shashi Tharoor
- INDOFOS issued a warning of Heavy Rain for AP
- Osmania University makes new rule for PhD Thesis submitting students