According to sources the opening up on the Triple Talaq issue, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Muslim women in India have finally found a way out of the agony they have suffered for ages due to Triple Talaq. Sources have stated that this is Modi's first comment after the Lok Sabha passed a bill that criminalizes the practice of instant divorce with three year jail.
Meanwhile he made these comments while delivering the inaugural address for the 85th Sivagiri Pilgrimage Celebrations at Sivagiri Mutt in Kerala via video-conferencing from Delhi. Significantly, the practice of instant divorce is not followed in major Muslim countries, including Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Egypt.
Accordingly Modi did not mention the proposal to criminalize instant
divorce with three years of imprisonment for Muslim husbands. Furthermore there
is a provision for subsistence allowance from the husband for the livelihood
and daily needs of the wife and the dependent children. The wife will also be
entitled to the custody of minor children.
PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress New Delhi sources have reported that in his first comments on the judicial crisis, Modi on Sunday said the government and political parties must stay out of it while expressing confidence that the judiciary will sit together to find a solution to its problems. Meanwhile he also said the Indian judiciary has a bright history and is full of very capable people.
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!
- TRAI recommends Mobile usage in flight journeys!
- An appeal against the release of Raja and Kanimozhi!
- Modi's answers to the hug criticism!!
- Tamilnadu CM said people should tolerate the hike in bus fares
- Will women become safe after this new rule by Delhi Court?
- Has Trump made America great again after his one year in office?
- GHMC fined a Star Hotel for using unstamped meat