According to sources National Hydel Power Corporation (NHPC) had suggested some crucial changes in the project design, which include completion of coffer dam in a single stage instead of pursuing it in a phased manner and that too before the next lean season by November, 2018.
Sources have stated that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has time and again promised to the people of the state of completing the project before next elections in 2019. Meanwhile a team of the NHPC conducted a study of the project from December 7 to 9 and submitted a report on December 27 suggesting some crucial changes to the project.
Furthermore Polavaram project, located in
Andhra Pradesh on Godavari river is a multipurpose project with irrigation,
navigation and power generation as its purposes. The project is under
construction by Andhra Pradesh Irrigation department and is being funded by
Government of India through Polavaram Project Authority. Hence it is prudent
that spillway is completed in all respect before start of next lean season
before November 2018 for initiating river diversion.
Woman raped, with husband at Gunpoint! With her husband and brother-law-in held at gunpoint, a woman was sexually assaulted at Sector-56 in Gurgaon, in connection to which four people were arrested. Police said that the 22-year-old was returning after a family function along with her husband when the horrifying incident happened.
- Price of petrol went up by 15 paisa per liter & diesel by 19 paisa
- Will PM Modi address the plenary session at the WEF in Davos in front of the world leaders?
- Petitioner seeks HC direction in filing cases against AP, Telangana Colleges
- Jio's Republic Day offer provides 1.5 GB per day instead of 1GB Per day
- Do you have any projection from 2018 Budget?
- Pawan made a perfect debut in Telangana
- Do you know the food menu for Dinner for PM Modi at Davos?
- Will there be any Income tax cut in 2018 Budget?
- We all have heard the term Budget.... What is it?
- SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System
- Trump signed a bill reopening the Government to temporarily pay for resuming operations
- Bengaluru flat owners unable to get khata certificates from revenue officials
- Telangana Citizens call it breach of privacy by the police
- Foreign Fund inflows & record gains in domestic equity markets supported the rupee
- One time password leads to heavy losses for Chennai woman!