Since one week, the popular Chennai based memes page "Chennai Memes" has been subject to numerous trolls, abuses and allegation, after they were accused of misusing the funds collected to help numerous farmers of Tamilnadu who had committed suicide. The suspicion and accusations were made by a popular page named Share For Farmers, when it's founder had revealed in a live video on December 26 that Chennai memes had accumulated over INR 7 lakhs through various online fundraising platforms, and the money had never reached the farmers in trouble.
Initially, Share for farmers, a campaign by My Indian Startup group owned by Sathiyanathan was collecting funds through Milaap online fundraising site but was approached by Edudharma run by Balaji, a former member of Chennai memes, and Sathiyanathan opted for Edudharma as he wanted to give an opportunity for an Indian site. However, the money collected via Edudharma of 4.5 lakhs and 2.5 lakhs collected via Indiegogo platform also never reached farmers.
With no money reaching farmers, it was claimed that when Sri Ganesh, one of the former admins of Chennai memes tried to transfer funds to My Indian Startup, the transaction didn't happen, as Indiegogo didn't allow fund transfer to Indian account.
Meanwhile, the Edudharma amount was also not transferred to my Indian Startup but was transferred to Guna of Chennai memes instead, and as Sathiyanathan claims Chennai memes have indulged in cheap activity of fund embezzlement for their own purposes and haven't even researched enough to identify families of grieving farmers, and it has been blatantly exposed that both Chennai memes and Edudharma in the name of helping farmers only attempted to gain mileage for themselves and promote themselves.
Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach Mumbai sources added that Mahendra Singh Dhoni has come under heavy criticism lately mainly due to his poor batting form. Meanwhile despite Team India emphatically winning the opener against England in the ODI series, the visitors were outplayed by Eoin Morgan and team to lose the series by 2-1.
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders
- "We had an incredible year, $100 billion in revenue: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Linking political party with raids is wrong
- Is South Indian Leaders against PM Narendra Modi's Govt?
- Rahul Gandhi winks after hugging PM Modi during No-Confidence Motion Debate
- Google searches for word IDIOT related to Leaders