According to sources the de-commissioned aircraft career (warship) INS Viraat will be soon converted 'must-visit' tourist destination in the city. Meanwhile the proposal of turning INS Viraat into a 'floating hotel' has been going on for the past couple of years. Initially, the Indian Navy asked the AP government to earmark a land of 750 acres for a world class museum of the warship.
Meanwhile the estimated cost of the project was around 1,000 crores and the AP State government managed to convince the Central Government that the project will be carried with Rs. 300 crores initially, and later improve the facilities in and around the warship museum. The floating warship itself occupies around 20 acres with anchoring.
Furthermore the INS Viraat was first
commissioned on 12th May 1987 and decommissioned on 23rd July 2016. It was the
flagship of the Indian Navy during its service to the nation.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders