Sources from Hyderabad have stated that liquor sales in Telangana went through the roof on New Year's Eve crossing a record Rs. 100 crores. According to sources a steep increase in the prices of liquor by the state government was no dampener for those who decided to ring in 2018 on a real high note as revealed by statistics.
Accordingly on December 31 alone, liquor sales of Rs.100 crore were recorded. And the month of December, possibly on account of the hiked prices of liquor, registered record sales amounting to over Rs. 1600 crores.
Meanwhile according to sources the state
exchequer benefited to the tune of an extra 20% through higher sales in the
month of December 2017, in comparison to the previous year.Close to Rs.450
crore worth liquor was sold in the last week of December from the state-owned
Beverage Corporation (TSBCL).
Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach Mumbai sources added that Mahendra Singh Dhoni has come under heavy criticism lately mainly due to his poor batting form. Meanwhile despite Team India emphatically winning the opener against England in the ODI series, the visitors were outplayed by Eoin Morgan and team to lose the series by 2-1.
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders
- "We had an incredible year, $100 billion in revenue: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Linking political party with raids is wrong
- Is South Indian Leaders against PM Narendra Modi's Govt?
- Rahul Gandhi winks after hugging PM Modi during No-Confidence Motion Debate
- Google searches for word IDIOT related to Leaders