Sources from Hyderabad have stated that liquor sales in Telangana went through the roof on New Year's Eve crossing a record Rs. 100 crores. According to sources a steep increase in the prices of liquor by the state government was no dampener for those who decided to ring in 2018 on a real high note as revealed by statistics.
Accordingly on December 31 alone, liquor sales of Rs.100 crore were recorded. And the month of December, possibly on account of the hiked prices of liquor, registered record sales amounting to over Rs. 1600 crores.
Meanwhile according to sources the state
exchequer benefited to the tune of an extra 20% through higher sales in the
month of December 2017, in comparison to the previous year.Close to Rs.450
crore worth liquor was sold in the last week of December from the state-owned
Beverage Corporation (TSBCL).
India ranked at 62nd place among emerging economies on WEF According to sources India ranked 62nd position which is much below China's 26th position and Pakistan's 47th. Meanwhile Norway remains the world's most inclusive advanced economy, while Lithuania again tops the list of emerging economies, the World Economic Forum (WEF) said while releasing the yearly index at Davos before the start of its annual meeting, to be attended by several world leaders including Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump.
- Indian Railways arranges for CCTV Surveillance in 11000 trains & 8500 stations
- SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System
- Indian Navy's sailing boat INSV Tarini, with all women crew entered Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands
- Will UP become top developmental charts by 2022 when the state elects the next Assembly?
- Report says Collector Amrapali Kaata is going to get married soon
- Shocking: Union Oil Minister trying to bring petrol and diesel under the purview of GST
- Will Padmaavat be screened in Telangana?
- ICICI Bank chief said GDP growth for 2017-18 should also be in excess of 6.5%
- PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance