The government has allowed investment of about 49% on Air India, ahead of the union budget 2018-19. Relaxations are also made on FDI on medical devices and firms receiving foreign investments. As a major move that will ease foreign investments, the government has approved 100 percent FDI through automatic routing, which will be heavily useful.
With more investments, more jobs and income for the nation is expected, and the 49% on Air India came at the wake of government's decision to disinvestment on the carrier. The investment of 49% can be either direct or indirect, and the loans of Air India are around 48877 Crores, with 17360 crore aircraft loans and capital loans of 31517 crores.
The net loss of Air India in 2016-17 was 3643 crores, and in 2017-18 were 3579 crores. Commenting on this strategic move by the government, commerce minister Suresh Prabhu said that this Liberalization move was to gather more investments, and develop the economy of India.
SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments According to sources Cricketers Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul will have to wait longer to return to international cricket as the Committee of Administrators (CoA) asked the Supreme Court to appoint an ombudsman to look into the issue. Meanwhile with the Special Bench comprising Justices S.A. Bobde and A.M. Sapre deciding to adjourn the case till next week, the duo will not be able
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities