According to sources in an unprecedented move, four senior sitting judges of the Supreme Court Justices J Chelameswar, Madan B Lokur, Ranjan Gogoi and Kurian Joseph - addressed the media on Friday, and took on Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra for the administration of the SC not being 'in order'. Meanwhile this press conference was reportedly in response to the assignment of the Judge Loya case to J Arun Mishra's bench.
Sources have added that CJI Dipak Misra continued to hear cases like every day and the Justice Chelameswar, the second-most senior judge, had recently conducted the conference at his residence in Tughlaq Lane, New Delhi.
Further however, when the CJI set up a seven
judge bench to hear the order passed by Justice Chelameswar bench in the matter
of SIT probe. Moreover two of the judges, however, recused themselves from the
bench. The five-judge bench annulled the order passed by Justice Chelameswar.
SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments According to sources Cricketers Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul will have to wait longer to return to international cricket as the Committee of Administrators (CoA) asked the Supreme Court to appoint an ombudsman to look into the issue. Meanwhile with the Special Bench comprising Justices S.A. Bobde and A.M. Sapre deciding to adjourn the case till next week, the duo will not be able
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities