New Delhi sources have reported that as many as 884 companies are being probed in various money laundering cases and assets worth Rs 5,000 crore have been attached as part of investigations initiated under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Meanwhile in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Corporate Affairs P.P. Chaudhary, however, also said that not a single company had been deregistered till date on charges of money laundering. He said that 884 companies are under investigation in various money laundering cases, and probes against these firms had resulted in attachment of assets worth Rs 5,066.3 crore and filing of 58 prosecution cases under the PMLA. Further the Minister's reply also noted that the registrations of over 2.26 lakh companies have been cancelled for remaining inactive for a period of two years, or more, as on December 2017.
According to sources over 3 lakh persons have
been disqualified for holding the post of director at registered companies that
failed to comply with regulatory requirements. Chaudhary said "Of these
directors, more than 2 lakh disqualified directors were on the board of
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes