New Delhi sources have reported that as many as 884 companies are being probed in various money laundering cases and assets worth Rs 5,000 crore have been attached as part of investigations initiated under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Meanwhile in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Corporate Affairs P.P. Chaudhary, however, also said that not a single company had been deregistered till date on charges of money laundering. He said that 884 companies are under investigation in various money laundering cases, and probes against these firms had resulted in attachment of assets worth Rs 5,066.3 crore and filing of 58 prosecution cases under the PMLA. Further the Minister's reply also noted that the registrations of over 2.26 lakh companies have been cancelled for remaining inactive for a period of two years, or more, as on December 2017.
According to sources over 3 lakh persons have
been disqualified for holding the post of director at registered companies that
failed to comply with regulatory requirements. Chaudhary said "Of these
directors, more than 2 lakh disqualified directors were on the board of
In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee Kolkata sources reported that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said the country will witness a "revolution" in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and people will defeat the BJP. Previously the BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by securing 31% votes but it cannot be repeated. She claimed “The BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha polls by securing 31% votes but it cannot be repeated”.
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala