New Delhi sources have reported that as many as 884 companies are being probed in various money laundering cases and assets worth Rs 5,000 crore have been attached as part of investigations initiated under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Meanwhile in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Corporate Affairs P.P. Chaudhary, however, also said that not a single company had been deregistered till date on charges of money laundering. He said that 884 companies are under investigation in various money laundering cases, and probes against these firms had resulted in attachment of assets worth Rs 5,066.3 crore and filing of 58 prosecution cases under the PMLA. Further the Minister's reply also noted that the registrations of over 2.26 lakh companies have been cancelled for remaining inactive for a period of two years, or more, as on December 2017.
According to sources over 3 lakh persons have
been disqualified for holding the post of director at registered companies that
failed to comply with regulatory requirements. Chaudhary said "Of these
directors, more than 2 lakh disqualified directors were on the board of
What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work? Tomorrow, the discussion and the decision on the no-confidence motion passed against the central government will be happening in the parliament. At this juncture, it is essential to know what exactly is a no-confidence Motion and how it works.
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!