New Delhi sources have reported that as many as 884 companies are being probed in various money laundering cases and assets worth Rs 5,000 crore have been attached as part of investigations initiated under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
Meanwhile in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Corporate Affairs P.P. Chaudhary, however, also said that not a single company had been deregistered till date on charges of money laundering. He said that 884 companies are under investigation in various money laundering cases, and probes against these firms had resulted in attachment of assets worth Rs 5,066.3 crore and filing of 58 prosecution cases under the PMLA. Further the Minister's reply also noted that the registrations of over 2.26 lakh companies have been cancelled for remaining inactive for a period of two years, or more, as on December 2017.
According to sources over 3 lakh persons have
been disqualified for holding the post of director at registered companies that
failed to comply with regulatory requirements. Chaudhary said "Of these
directors, more than 2 lakh disqualified directors were on the board of
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP