Hyderabad sources have stated that a video of a fire at Hyderabad’s Hitech City metro station began to do the rounds on social media Tuesday, which showed a section of the station being engulfed by the fire, and smoke billowing out. Accordingly the fire broke out in the under-construction metro station on Monday at around 5 pm. There were no casualties and no one was injured.
Meanwhile Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) authorities said "The incident took place at around 5 pm when work was going on. The sparks from the welding led to the fire. It was a minor mishap and was immediately controlled and extinguished".
Further the Hitech City metro station is still
under construction. HMRL earlier informed the public that all metro corridors
would be operational by the end of the year. Currently, Phase I of the metro
from Nagole to Miyapur is operational and moreover there have allegedly been
cases of negligence during the construction of the metro, and in some cases,
has injured motorists.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites