New Delhi sources have stated that after clearly indicating its anger to the Maldives after New Delhi’s advice was ignored, India said it was “disturbed” over the Maldivian government’s refusal to abide by verdict of the Supreme Court there on release of Opposition leaders as well as the suspension of constitutional rights there.
Meanwhile India also said it was concerned over the arrest of the Supreme Court Chief Justice and political figures, adding that it was carefully monitoring the situation. New Delhi had earlier advised President Abdulla Yameen to abide by the apex court verdict.
Moreover in a statement, the MEA said, “They are
disturbed by the declaration of a State of Emergency in the Maldives following
the refusal of the government to abide by the unanimous ruling of the full
bench of the SC on 1 February, and also by the suspension of Constitutional
rights of the people of Maldives". Further the arrest of the Supreme Court
Chief Justice and political figures are also reasons for concern.
No official intimation of FATF decision by Ahsan Iqbal Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan was in a denial mode as the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) decided to place it back on its terrorist financing watch list. Meanwhile the decision is a blow to both Pakistan’s economy and its strained relations with the United States. Previously in the week China, Turkey, and the Gulf Cooperation Council were opposing the US-led move against Pakistan but by Thursday night both China and Saudi Arabia dropped their opposition.
- Donald Trump recited the lyrics of a song 'The Snake' about restricting immigration
- KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip