New Delhi sources have stated that after clearly indicating its anger to the Maldives after New Delhi’s advice was ignored, India said it was “disturbed” over the Maldivian government’s refusal to abide by verdict of the Supreme Court there on release of Opposition leaders as well as the suspension of constitutional rights there.
Meanwhile India also said it was concerned over the arrest of the Supreme Court Chief Justice and political figures, adding that it was carefully monitoring the situation. New Delhi had earlier advised President Abdulla Yameen to abide by the apex court verdict.
Moreover in a statement, the MEA said, “They are
disturbed by the declaration of a State of Emergency in the Maldives following
the refusal of the government to abide by the unanimous ruling of the full
bench of the SC on 1 February, and also by the suspension of Constitutional
rights of the people of Maldives". Further the arrest of the Supreme Court
Chief Justice and political figures are also reasons for concern.
Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas According to sources Nara Brahmani, the Executive Director of Heritage Foods, has all the way traveled to Palasa to personally handover the donation to CM Chandrababu Naidu who was monitoring the relief, rehabilitation measures in the Cyclone Titli-affected parts in Srikakulam. As per report Heritage Group has voluntarily donated Rs 66,16,971/- to Smart Andhra Pradesh Foundation
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India
- Story behind the festival Vijayadasami related to Goddess Durga
- How do Hindus celebrate Vijayadasami?
- PM Modi to inaugurate national police memorial & museum on October 21
- Difference between Donald Trump & Prince Harry had Twitter laughing
- Heavy Rains lashed Hyderabad, left places standstill