New Delhi sources have stated that after clearly indicating its anger to the Maldives after New Delhi’s advice was ignored, India said it was “disturbed” over the Maldivian government’s refusal to abide by verdict of the Supreme Court there on release of Opposition leaders as well as the suspension of constitutional rights there.
Meanwhile India also said it was concerned over the arrest of the Supreme Court Chief Justice and political figures, adding that it was carefully monitoring the situation. New Delhi had earlier advised President Abdulla Yameen to abide by the apex court verdict.
Moreover in a statement, the MEA said, “They are
disturbed by the declaration of a State of Emergency in the Maldives following
the refusal of the government to abide by the unanimous ruling of the full
bench of the SC on 1 February, and also by the suspension of Constitutional
rights of the people of Maldives". Further the arrest of the Supreme Court
Chief Justice and political figures are also reasons for concern.
Why Posani Raja joined YS Jagans Padayatra? According to report from Andhra actor and ex PRP leader Posani Krishna Murali has met YS Jagan Mohan Reddy during his Padayatra in Undi of West Godavari district. Posani's meeting with Jagan has shocked many since the actor had been stating that he would stay away from politics.
- Pawan Kalyan, on a one day hunger strike in Srikakulam over Uddanam Kidney issue
- Technology giants Google & Facebook hit with privacy complaints
- Will Petrol price decline as Global Crude Oil cost eased?
- Nipah Virus in Hyderabad ruled samples of two patients tested negative at National Institute of Virology Pune
- Ongoing rains have no connection with the cyclones: a meteorologist told TNM
- Survey says Narendra Modi is not worth of another chance to rule India
- Congress-JD(S) combine in Karnataka won Trust Vote easily giving shock to Modi
- HD Kumaraswamy's wife Radhika Belly dance viral in Social Media
- US president Trump government's move to cancel H-4 Visa holders is in last stage
- PM Narendra Modi laid foundation for project worth Rs.27000 Crore in Jharkhand
- US President Donald Trump called off a planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
- Is Niharika ready to marry Prabhas?
- Balakrishna said KCR named KTR after his father
- Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?