New Delhi sources have stated that after clearly indicating its anger to the Maldives after New Delhi’s advice was ignored, India said it was “disturbed” over the Maldivian government’s refusal to abide by verdict of the Supreme Court there on release of Opposition leaders as well as the suspension of constitutional rights there.
Meanwhile India also said it was concerned over the arrest of the Supreme Court Chief Justice and political figures, adding that it was carefully monitoring the situation. New Delhi had earlier advised President Abdulla Yameen to abide by the apex court verdict.
Moreover in a statement, the MEA said, “They are
disturbed by the declaration of a State of Emergency in the Maldives following
the refusal of the government to abide by the unanimous ruling of the full
bench of the SC on 1 February, and also by the suspension of Constitutional
rights of the people of Maldives". Further the arrest of the Supreme Court
Chief Justice and political figures are also reasons for concern.
Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death! Former Tehelka editor Samuel Mathews had recently released a documentary on Kodanadu murders and thefts, where he had accused the Tamilnadu Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy of the murders in the estate for acquiring some evidence from the estate, following which a case was filed by the TN govt against him.
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!