New Delhi sources have stated that after clearly indicating its anger to the Maldives after New Delhi’s advice was ignored, India said it was “disturbed” over the Maldivian government’s refusal to abide by verdict of the Supreme Court there on release of Opposition leaders as well as the suspension of constitutional rights there.
Meanwhile India also said it was concerned over the arrest of the Supreme Court Chief Justice and political figures, adding that it was carefully monitoring the situation. New Delhi had earlier advised President Abdulla Yameen to abide by the apex court verdict.
Moreover in a statement, the MEA said, “They are
disturbed by the declaration of a State of Emergency in the Maldives following
the refusal of the government to abide by the unanimous ruling of the full
bench of the SC on 1 February, and also by the suspension of Constitutional
rights of the people of Maldives". Further the arrest of the Supreme Court
Chief Justice and political figures are also reasons for concern.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee involved in Social Activities after Politics As per report another historic event that Vajpayee expressed anguish about was the post Godhra communal riots in Gujarat in 2002 when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief minister. Meanwhile when unwilling to hide his feelings over the riots, Prime Minister Vajpayee said the government must follow "raj dharma".
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee is Best Guru, Guide & Leader
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee a Lifelong Bachelor, is a Gift from God
- #AtalBihariVajpayee penned this poem on Face-Off with Death
- Deputy CM urges not to politicize Marina issue!
- #RIPVajpayee - The Bonding between M.Karunanidhi and Vajpayee
- #AtalBihariVaajpayee passes away in AIIMS. He was 93
- Harbhajan lashes out at Ravi Shastri!
- #AtalBihariVaajpayee - List of all Politicians and Celebrities who visited AIIMS
- #AtalBihariVaajpayee - Some Interesting Facts you should Know
- #AtalBihariVaajpayee is critical - Prayers Underway from all religions
- Two more days of heavy Rainfall in Tamilnadu!
- Congress accuses Amit Shah of disrespecting national flag!
- #Vajpayee health Worsened and Media crowds before AIIMS
- Will KCRs New Schemes make Telangana a Golden Telangana?
- Sabarimala flooded with water, Pilgrims entry restricted