Bengaluru sources have stated that it was a big win for the citizens’ movement in Bengaluru when the Karnataka government was forced to shelve the controversial steel flyover project on Ballari Road. Last year the state government and civic agencies in Bengaluru appear to have not given up on the steel project just yet. Meanwhile the Siddaramaiah led Congress government is now going ahead with a miniature version of the Ballari Road flyover at Shivananda Circle.
Meanwhile the Karnataka High Court has refused to grant an interim stay on the construction, the 485 metre long steel bridge will reportedly come up at the cost of 20 trees. Further the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is of the opinion that the 485-metre steel bridge from Shivananda Circle to Race Course to be built at a cost of Rs 20 crore will ensure better connectivity between the southern and western part of the city.
Ashish Verma, a sustainable transportation expert
at the Indian Institute of Science told cost Rs 1791 crore involved due to
the choice of steel over concrete. He said “Instead, this money can be
used to subsidize and popularize public transport and in effect reduce private
cars on the road. This flyover approach may work good for six months given the
rate of private vehicle ownership".
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes