Bengaluru sources have stated that it was a big win for the citizens’ movement in Bengaluru when the Karnataka government was forced to shelve the controversial steel flyover project on Ballari Road. Last year the state government and civic agencies in Bengaluru appear to have not given up on the steel project just yet. Meanwhile the Siddaramaiah led Congress government is now going ahead with a miniature version of the Ballari Road flyover at Shivananda Circle.
Meanwhile the Karnataka High Court has refused to grant an interim stay on the construction, the 485 metre long steel bridge will reportedly come up at the cost of 20 trees. Further the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is of the opinion that the 485-metre steel bridge from Shivananda Circle to Race Course to be built at a cost of Rs 20 crore will ensure better connectivity between the southern and western part of the city.
Ashish Verma, a sustainable transportation expert
at the Indian Institute of Science told cost Rs 1791 crore involved due to
the choice of steel over concrete. He said “Instead, this money can be
used to subsidize and popularize public transport and in effect reduce private
cars on the road. This flyover approach may work good for six months given the
rate of private vehicle ownership".
Mohammed Bagheri said Iran will 'never bow the demands of the US' According to sources the Chief of General Staff for the Iranian Armed Forces, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Bagheri, addressed a conference of military leaders from more than 35 countries yesterday as he made the stern remarks. Meanwhile in a pointed message aimed at the US he claimed Washington was too involved in the affairs of the Middle East.
- Kanna Lakshminarayana move may shock his fans
- Will Congress capture Karnataka by winning 130 seats?
- 15 persons died of sunstroke in Adilabad, Karimnagar districts
- Husband rapes wife with friends just after 3 days of marriage!
- Powerstar gets powerful notices!
- Actress sexually harassed while driving Activa scooter!
- Petrol, Diesel price rise and the effect of taxes - All you need to know!
- Pawan Twitter war turned into caste war between Kammas and Kapus
- TCS crossed $100-billion mark in terms of market capitalization
- Has Pawan surrendered to BJP?
- Can anyone weaken the Bond between BJP & AIADMK?
- Save the Constitution campaign catapulted by Congress President
- Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP